Brewer Fanatic

Curtis Granderson to Marlins - minor league deal

The virtue signalling on this deal on twitter in mind numbing. I think this is a smart acquisition for the Marlins. I know it's a NRI, but he will make the team.

Granderson doesn't have a role on a contending team until at least August and more likely September when rosters expand. As you guys noted above, he could be a strong mentor for some of the young players in Miami before being traded this summer.

Report is that he makes 1.75 million if on the major league roster. So it is, in effect, a split contract. It probably has only been termed a minor league deal because the Marlins 40-man roster was full prior to adding Granderson. Like long ball, I fully expect Granderson to make the team. Can't see a guy who has that much money riding around on the AAA bus for very long.

Archived