Brewer Fanatic

2019 Minor League Team Predictions

Jenkins5

I found this to be more difficult than in past years. Not as much depth at Carolina through SA and then loaded with young talent who may not be proven or advanced enough at lower levels. I’m sure I missed people or may have someone not in system anymore somewhere. San Antonio should be an exciting team at least until some of the studs get called up. At least the rotation in Biloxi will be interesting. Wilson stock has been on rise & maybe Grisham pulls a Taylor & clicks. Carolina offers a great catching combo with Super Mario & Henry. Lutz has a chance to build on last years 2nd half. Silva & Clark have explosive bats. Think Ashby will be pushed & maybe Sunitsch. Wisconsin should be another very young team that will probably have its struggles. However, will be enjoyable to follow. Turang & Gray Jr. I see making the leap. Some may disagree on Gray Jr but really he face some extreme bad luck with a .235 babip. 25% K was high but 18% Bb & .15 ISO both really impress. Dynamic talent. Ward, Abreu, Castillo, Coco are all talented kids & look for McClanahan to have better 2nd go. The staff has a lot of options be interesting to see how it shakes out. Then Rocky Mountains have a solid group to start with prior to draft.

San Antonio

1B D. Moore

2B K. Huira

SS M. Dubon

3B L. Erceg

C J. Nottingham & Gosewisch

IF N. Orf

T. Saladino

LF T. Stokes

CF C. Ray

RF T. Taylor

OF D. Thomas

SP

B. Derby

A. Wilkerson

A. Houser

Z. Brown

C. Ponce & T. Jankins

Biloxi

1B D. Carroll

2B T. Neuhaus

SS J. Hager

3B W. Wilson

C McDowell & Hummel

IF B. Allemand

L. Aviles

LF R. Henry

CF T. Grisham

RF R. Aguilar

OF N. Franklin

SP

M. Diplan

T. Supek

B. Webb

C. Roegner

D. Williams, N. Kirby, V. Diaz

Carolina

1B P. McInerney

2B E. Silva

SS D. Hairston

3B G. Garcia

C. P. Henry & M. Feliciano

IF T. Morrison

N. Roscetti

LF J. Segovia

CF T. Lutz

RF Z. Clark

OF N. Pierre

J. Feliciano

SP

B. Francis

A. Ashby

C. Taugner

D. File

A. Bettinger & N. Hernández

Wisconsin

C Fry & Rios

1B McClanahan

3B Pinero

2B Coco

SS Turang

UTIF

Howell

Familia

LF Abreu

CF Gray Jr

RF Ward

OF 4 Castillo

5 Lujano

SP (Top 10 options)

S. Sunitisch /Hall

J. Matulovich/ C. Herrera

M. Lazar/ C. Lemons

J. Bullock/ M. Vasalotti

B. Lillis / V. Castaneda

Colorado Springs (Prior to draft)

C. A. Hall

1B E. Martinez

2B L. Avila

SS J. Williams

3B N. Egnatuk

LF M. Bello

CF C. Rodriquez

RF L. Ernesto

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Sorry somehow posted in wrong trend. Can an admin move it?

Completely forgot about Lara being traded. Fixed it by moving Garcia up to Carolina even though I believe he is best suited repeating Wisconsin.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Jake Gatewood??? Did I miss something?

Torn ACL, probably won’t be back until summer sometime

I knew about the ACL surgery, just didn't know the timetable. Saw him swinging on his twitter account earlier this month.

I'm curious to the rationale behind Supak at AA. I tried to do a similar projection a few weeks ago (until I got to the Wisconsin pitching staff and just threw up my hands and said "I quit"), and he and Brown in the AAA rotation were the only two starting spots I felt completely comfortable with (everyone else seemed as if they could make a case to start at two different levels or the Brewers could move them to the pen).

It does seem as if most of the top hitting prospects, other than a few Helena/Wisconsin bubble guys (Gray, Bello, Howell, possibly Rodriguez) have a clear assignment. The one I'm not 100 percent on is Erceg. The spring training invite makes me think he's headed to AAA, but he struggled last year so I wouldn't be shocked if they keep him at AA trying to stack some success.

P.S. There are a few others who I don't believe are in the Brewers organization anymore (Moore, Franklin).

I'm curious to the rationale behind Supak at AA. I tried to do a similar projection a few weeks ago (until I got to the Wisconsin pitching staff and just threw up my hands and said "I quit"), and he and Brown in the AAA rotation were the only two starting spots I felt completely comfortable with (everyone else seemed as if they could make a case to start at two different levels or the Brewers could move them to the pen).

It does seem as if most of the top hitting prospects, other than a few Helena/Wisconsin bubble guys (Gray, Bello, Howell, possibly Rodriguez) have a clear assignment. The one I'm not 100 percent on is Erceg. The spring training invite makes me think he's headed to AAA, but he struggled last year so I wouldn't be shocked if they keep him at AA trying to stack some success.

P.S. There are a few others who I don't believe are in the Brewers organization anymore (Moore, Franklin).

yeah, Dylan Moore signed a deal with Seattle back in November. I think Gatewood will be back at some point this spring, but it will probably take him some time to get back into the swing. My guess is he's playing in games sometime in June. I look for the Brewers to ink an insurance 1B to a minors deal like thwy did with Choi last year. Someone like Tommy Joseph makes sense.

I too believe that both Supak and Brown will get bumped to AAA. Those two really have nothing to prove repeating in Biloxi. Derby, Wilkerson and Ponce could all be bumped to the pen. Houser is out of options, so its Milwaukee or bust for him.

yeah, Dylan Moore signed a deal with Seattle back in November. I think Gatewood will be back at some point this spring, but it will probably take him some time to get back into the swing. My guess is he's playing in games sometime in June. I look for the Brewers to ink an insurance 1B to a minors deal like thwy did with Choi last year. Someone like Tommy Joseph makes sense.

I too believe that both Supak and Brown will get bumped to AAA. Those two really have nothing to prove repeating in Biloxi. Derby, Wilkerson and Ponce could all be bumped to the pen. Houser is out of options, so its Milwaukee or bust for him.

After some digging, found that Tommy Joseph has signed to play in Korea. :( Would have been nice to have him in San Antonio.

• 2 weeks later...

It just hit me looking at the minor league spring training roster that was tweeted out, they really don't have many spare hitters (outside of the catching where they usually keep one taxi squaded for each roster).

I'm just counting two or three extras at AAA-A+, so depending on injuries, things could get a bit dicey.

Pitchers on the other hand, they could staff two full A+ teams.

Archived