Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck

anglotiger
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the first 4 games I will make the following prediction:

Nelson is the key to the pitching staff.

If crew puts him in rotation, he’ll anchor our starting staff.

If brewers decide he better off in pen he can be our righty Hader.

Either way it’ll be great seeing jimmy pumping his fists again!

Nobody is a righty Hader.........

What was Rollie Fingers?

Haders good, but he hasn't revolutionized the game of baseball.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I am very cautious about Jimmy still think its going to be a while even when he returns before we get positive returns.

If I am not mistaken it can't be super long. He starts his clock to return when he makes his first AAA start. The Brewers must feel he is close or they would have waited

I am very cautious about Jimmy still think its going to be a while even when he returns before we get positive returns.

If I am not mistaken it can't be super long. He starts his clock to return when he makes his first AAA start. The Brewers must feel he is close or they would have waited

They can just put him back on the DL and start it over again. And it's 30 days. So...I think the fact that he's starting in AAA means he's likely well on his way back, but I think they could sidestep that time crunch if they wanted to.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Verified Member

Jimmy Nelson (elbow) will make his first minor league rehab start at Triple-A San Antonio on Sunday.

Nelson had to take a leave from his minor league rehab program due to the premature birth of his twin daughters, but now that everything is under control, he's back and ready to go. He'll probably need a couple of starts in the minor leagues before he's deemed ready to rejoin the Brewers' rotation -- a return that should happen before the end of the month barring any setbacks.

Source: Tom Haudricourt on Twitter

May 4, 2019, 6:50 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

72 pitches. That's what I'm happiest with. The control will come. Assuming his velocity is in the ballpark, and his arm is none the worse for wear, that's a positive trip to the mound, imho.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Nelson up to 94 in yesterday’s game. Thinking the more he pitches can bump that up a tick or two.

Yes, extremely positive step. He's on pace to make a couple more starts at the AAA level, then be up at the end of May/early June. A little later than I had originally hoped, but certainly not worrisome. I'm not looking for him to come back and immediately be 2017 Jimmy, but even if he can come in and provide Gio-like lines of 5 IP, 2-3 ER, I'll take it.

Per Stearns on Jimmy’s status: “He’s probably got a couple more (starts) to go before we can realistically start talking about him here in Milwaukee . . . we think he can be a real benefit to our rotation . . . we’re looking forward to getting him back here hopefully over the next month”.

He’s stretched enough to go 90-100 pitches in his next outing. Is it gonna be in AAA or phillie or Atlanta?

I can't see anyway his next start isn't in AAA. They are not in a rush to bring him up with the rotation stabilizing. If he could replace shaw then maybe

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think he gets at least one or two more starts in AAA. There is really no room for him right now with everyone in the rotation currently pitching terrific. Anderson will be back soon as well. It is a great situation to be in for sure.

well, they're definitely stretching him out to start, so that muddles the picture up. We'll see how things shake out. Like you said, good situation to be in. I'd be happy if Jimmy comes back and is just effective. Not counting on "ace" Jimmy, just effective Jimmy would be nice.

He’s stretched enough to go 90-100 pitches in his next outing. Is it gonna be in AAA or phillie or Atlanta?

I can't see anyway his next start isn't in AAA. They are not in a rush to bring him up with the rotation stabilizing. If he could replace shaw then maybe

If Nelson comes back he'd replace one of the 13 pitchers (Houser-Smith-Hart). Shaw is so screwed up now he needs a trip to AAA to get back on track. I don't know if he would balk at the idea, or if Stearns would even consider it. They know he has to do something! Right now he is as easy an out as most pitchers.

Archived