Brewer Fanatic

Guess this year's big hype move for On Deck

For the last several years, it seems like the Brewers have made a big player move in the couple of days leading up to their On Deck event. Last year was obviously Yelich and Cain. I know they announced the Garza signing a few years ago as well at On Deck. I know there has been others too. Attanasio seems to like to make a splash at this event every year.

That said ... the 2019 version of this event is 3 days away. I get the feeling the Brewers are going to make an acquisition of some sort in the next day or so that they can "announce" at On Deck. In my opinion it is extremely cheesy that they do this, but at this point, it seems to be more than just coincidental.

So, what do you guys think will happen? I have two guesses:

1. Sign Mike Moustakas to a 2-year/$22 million deal.

or

2. Sign Marwin Gonzalez to a 3-year/$30 million deal.

I'm gonna go with Miley 2/12. I don't see any of the remaining FAs getting anywhere near what they want. Heck, they may be able to get Gonzalez too on a 3/21 or something. Those darn owners wanting to get the most for their money!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Wasn't it the Thursday night before On Deck that the Yelich/Cain moves happened last year? So, I think DS would have to get something done this evening if a big move were to happen with said player making it to Milwaukee in time for the On Deck event.

I'm very doubtful that this occurs this year. I think Grandal was our big offseason move.

Wasn't it the Thursday night before On Deck that the Yelich/Cain moves happened last year? So, I think DS would have to get something done this evening if a big move were to happen with said player making it to Milwaukee in time for the On Deck event.

I'm very doubtful that this occurs this year. I think Grandal was our big offseason move.

Correct. Those deals went down Jan. 25 of last year. That makes tomorrow Yelichmas!

Archived