Brewer Fanatic

Our Draftees -- Cape League and NECBL

As colbyjack well knows, he really needs to summer out here with me. The Cape Cod League and New England Collegiate Baseball League begin play this month, and needless to say, colby would be in high heaven with the daily fill of baseball available.

Patrick, the two teams within a short drive for me are Wareham of the Cape League and Newport, RI (yes, high society http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) of the NECBL.

I did notice that the Brewers' 14th round pick, 3B Grant Richardson of Washington State, is on Newport's roster, so if he weren't to sign right away, I'd have ample opportunities to meet him and see him play. I've actually penciled in next Friday the 18th for a visit I hope I can make, as it would allow me to say hello to 47th round pick Derek Miller (University of Vermont) as well, as his team from Lowell (Mill City) is visiting.

Colby, as busy as you've been, have you had a chance to review the two league's rosters for any of the Brewers' other college picks? And when can I put you and the Mrs. up for a bit? We bought the sleeper sofa this winter. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Actually MB I was doing quite a bit of planning for a Boston vacation about a month ago. I really thought this was going to be the year, and I wanted to do my homework first before contacting you. Then, the day after I gathered flight info, game schedules (Cape League & a trip to Fenway), something was brought to my attention that is drastically going to affect the 2nd half of my summer. I'll share that info at a later time when I'm able (it's work related).

So, it's still on my mind. As I've said the past couple of years, maybe next year...

I haven't scanned the Cape rosters for a few weeks now. I'll put that on my to-do list. I'm starting to get some answers back from coaches, and I still need to email a few more.

Archived