Brewer Fanatic

Do we have an idea about the 2019 AAA rotation

ebmackenzie

if the brewers wish to keep tomlin in the minor leagues, they must pay him a $100,000 retention bonus before the end of spring training. this is standard for any player who finished the previous season on the 40-man roster or 60-day injured list.

he then will be granted an opt-out of 1 june, unless otherwise negotiated.

Between some of the starts in the minor league games (which admittedly isn't foolproof), what is being reported, common sense and the fact that it looks like Supak is listed as being optioned to Biloxi (still surprised there), it appears as if it is down to Brown, Houser, Tomlin, Smith, Wilkerson and whomever doesn't make the big league rotation, likely Peralta if they don't use him in the bullpen.

• 2 weeks later...

san antonio rotation has been set:

adrian houser

bubba derby

zack brown

aaron wilkerson

burch smith

houser and wilkerson are on the 40-man. i think it's wise to keep a few days between them as it assures that one of the two will likely be rested in the event of an injury at the major league level.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Did I miss something about Nelson? Wasn't he supposed to be in AAA?

I believe Counsell said they are going to leave him in extended spring training for a little while to build up his innings in a more controlled environment. Which I think is kind of a bummer, but I guess I get it.

Archived