Brewer Fanatic

Dallas Keuchel

I would not want Gio back unless he is mega cheap. I'd much rather have Miley every single time!

Not sure what Gio would bring that we don't already have in spades other than depth and I don't feel particularly different about Miley. If they are going to spend money or assets on a pitcher, make a big impact pitcher. Otherwise, go with what you got.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can promise you there are people here who know things. They're just not foolish enough to drop sensitive information on a public forum. Not talking about a potential Keuchel trade, just in general.

Until I see proof of that, I chhose to believe that this is just a message board, full of regular people who think they know what is gong on...

I know there are people on visit these boards who work for the Brewers and know things. I worked for the team out of college and knew people who were higher up and know people who stuck around who know when things are going to happen. They're not decision makers and they're definitely expendable enough that if they were to start leaking things....given how Stearns likes to work, they'd probably be ex-employees though.

The closest I've ever gotten to any "inside" info was being told "something big" was happening the day they extended Braun. So while I am pretty sure there are people who check in here from time to time, I'm also about 99 pct certain they're not talking about what the team is going to do(or suggesting they move Aquilar to 3rd base).

We really are entering the HighHeat portion of the off season.

That was February 5th for his 9 PM announcement so pretty close. I give the guy above credit for the Moose trade, obviously had inside info there but hard to do twice. I am sure there are people here that have inside info but unless you are Stearns it is only bits and pieces. Josh the MLB agent for sure has info on various topics he has never posted about.

Community Moderator

I wouldn't call Keuchel the next Suppan but I don't think we will be happy to have his contract on the books 2 years from now.

If you are on the 'win in 2019' bandwagon then this deal is a slam dunk. It would be really nice to have another proven starter in the mix. I think he will age better than most 31 year old FA starters which is probably why we are interested.

I wouldn't call Keuchel the next Suppan but I don't think we will be happy to have his contract on the books 2 years from now.

If you are on the 'win in 2019' bandwagon then this deal is a slam dunk. It would be really nice to have another proven starter in the mix. I think he will age better than most 31 year old FA starters which is probably why we are interested.

Three years/$54 tops. I don't think that will cut it for Boris.

That’s pretty much what has been said for past month beside for Astros being out after Miley. Pitchers are reporting so think it’s just dumb on his behalf to still be holding out, his market isn’t getting any higher from here. Brewers hopefully set a date & said have to then otherwise we need to just focus on guys we have.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

That’s pretty much what has been said for past month beside for Astros being out after Miley. Pitchers are reporting so think it’s just dumb on his behalf to still be holding out, his market isn’t getting any higher from here. Brewers hopefully set a date & said have to then otherwise we need to just focus on guys we have.

Not sure why it matters to the Brewers to set a date. It's not like they're going to use that money somewhere else at this point.

Archived