Brewer Fanatic

Dallas Keuchel

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please God no. No more Suppans.

Keuchel's three year splits vs. Suppan's three year splits going into his first season with the Brewers:

[pre]Pitcher (Hand, Age) K/9 BB/9 HR/9 AVG WHIP ERA- ERA xFIP fWAR

------------------- --- ---- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Keuchel (LHP, 31) 7.3 2.66 0.92 .248 1.25 92 3.77 3.59 8.7

Suppan (RHP, 32) 5.2 3.10 1.10 .267 1.40 93 3.95 4.52 5.1[/pre]

Not a very good comp.

Only two things I'm relatively sure of at this point. One is that DS has his mits in all kinds of things. The second is that 100% of this board has zero notion of what those things are. That isn't a dig at anyone but if they do something it will be out of left field and won't be a routine rumor on some twitter feed weeks before it happens.

Fixed that for you.

No, there are people on here that know things......or at least have heard credible things....that the rest of us don't know about.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Only two things I'm relatively sure of at this point. One is that DS has his mits in all kinds of things. The second is that 100% of this board has zero notion of what those things are. That isn't a dig at anyone but if they do something it will be out of left field and won't be a routine rumor on some twitter feed weeks before it happens.

Fixed that for you.

Unless David Stearns is a BF.net member.....

Fixed that for you.

Unless David Stearns is a BF.net member.....

I think he was last offseason, then got banned for trolling - I seem to remember a bio article talking about that crazy sleeve tatoo he got right out of high school, scripted "High Heat"...think he got it on his 19th birthday.

Fixed that for you.

No, there are people on here that know things......or at least have heard credible things....that the rest of us don't know about.

I know things. I've heard credible things. Things that none of you know about...

Of course, whether or not those are things you care about might be another matter entirely... :laughing

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Fixed that for you.

people guess, and people predict...that's about as far as it goes.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I just don't know. We saw some leaks with the Melvin regime, but Stearns seems to really keep things close to the vest, with only a very small circle of people privy to what is going on. The Grandal news came pretty much out of nowhere, and the fact that the team was able to keep that completely quiet speaks volumes for how they choose to do business. If Paul Crane has an actual source that pins the Brewers as one of the finalists for Keuchel, I can guarantee that source isn't from the Brewers. My guess is Crane knows someone in Atlanta's front office, or Keuchel's agent.

Wade Miley for a third of the cost makes more cents.

He makes more sense - but less cents. :)

I make this joke every year with my advanced algebra students when they're learning about compound interest. They just plug in numbers and write down answers without thinking about how many digits to include, so I tell them to "round to the nearest penny because it makes more cents... get it? Cents?" Nobody has ever laughed. That's what makes it such a good joke.

I can promise you there are people here who know things. They're just not foolish enough to drop sensitive information on a public forum. Not talking about a potential Keuchel trade, just in general.

Until I see proof of that, I chhose to believe that this is just a message board, full of regular people who think they know what is gong on...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Only two things I'm relatively sure of at this point. One is that DS has his mits in all kinds of things. The second is that 99% of this board has zero notion of what those things are. That isn't a dig at anyone but if they do something it will be out of left field and won't be a routine rumor on some twitter feed weeks before it happens.

The Lorenzo Cain rumors started on January 4th last year and it seemed a little far fetched at the time. Then it came to fruition three weeks later. Sometimes the moves come out of left field, and sometimes they are things that have been speculated about via Twitter and other mediums.

Regarding Stearns being involved in all kinds of different discussions/potential moves, I think that has pretty much been universally accepted as his (and the front office’s) modus operandi at this point.

No one was saying that Cain was down to three teams with the Brewers being one and offering x number of years. This would seem to be the exception that proves the rule even if you do want to make that equivalency.

I can promise you there are people here who know things. They're just not foolish enough to drop sensitive information on a public forum. Not talking about a potential Keuchel trade, just in general.

Until I see proof of that, I chhose to believe that this is just a message board, full of regular people who think they know what is gong on...

That's what makes the world go 'round.

Archived