Brewer Fanatic

Manny Pina drawing trade interest

adambr2
This is the second post calling out BCin07. Beyond just a general reminder for us all to maintain forum etiquette, I read BCin07's post as he's saying he understands that you can't be too dismissive of all the important defensive work a catcher needs to be good at... but he still prefers an offensive catcher even if you sacrifice some defense.

So I'm not allowed to ask him who or where he played?

Also, I have no idea how you interpreted what he said that way. Literally none because what he said was very straight forward. He said Pina was terrible offensively (and that he'll take an offense first catcher all day every day) and knows all this *because* he played catcher himself. Except him playing catcher is irrelevant and provides zero insight into his perspective/opinion not to mention there's zero information that suggests Pina is bad offensively (the eye test answers that without looking at anything else)

The tone of the conversation appeared to me to be shifting, so I posted. Between brooks_quichenick's & your posts, it looked like the conversation was heading in a combative direction. It didn't read to me like either question was being asked 100% conversationally & friendly.

The rest of my post pointed out that it's very plausible that BCin07's post about having played catcher wasn't painted as "I played so I know more than anyone else". Which was the reaction I saw those two posts taking.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it hurts to listen to offers.

That said, if I were Stearns, I'd need to be blown away by an offer to pull the trigger.

This is the type of deal I'd want for Pina:

Tampa Bay gets:

C Manny Pina

Milwaukee gets:

2B/OF Brandon Lowe

C Ronaldo Hernandez

Tampa Bay gets:

C Manny Pina

Milwaukee gets:

2B/OF Brandon Lowe

C Ronaldo Hernandez

I would be surprised if you could get both Lowe and their #7 player in the Rays system that had an impressive .832OPS last year at 20 yrs old. I know Pina is on two years of an extraordinarily friendly team deal.

I think that two time defensive Ray of the year Ciuffo would be more to their liking...they would be more likely to pull that trigger since Ciuffo already has two suspensions for a drug of abuse. He can be optioned and Kratz could stay up north for another year.

Regardless of the catcher of choice...if Lowe comes to MKE then Hiura could be involved in a deal for a true #1

Pina for Tampa young C, BLowe (and therefore Kratz by addition)

moreover a guess here...

CRay, Hiura, Supak for Kluber, lottery ticket

Keep Manny, unless the Angels want to deal Trout straight up for him.

Where would Cain play?

[sarcasm]Easy, move Cain to first, shift Aguilar to third and Shaw to short. Then trade Arcia straight up for DeGrom and boom, there you have it.[/sarcasm]

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Tampa Bay gets:

C Manny Pina

Milwaukee gets:

2B/OF Brandon Lowe

C Ronaldo Hernandez

I would be surprised if you could get both Lowe and their #7 player in the Rays system that had an impressive .832OPS last year at 20 yrs old. I know Pina is on two years of an extraordinarily friendly team deal.

I think that two time defensive Ray of the year Ciuffo would be more to their liking...they would be more likely to pull that trigger since Ciuffo already has two suspensions for a drug of abuse. He can be optioned and Kratz could stay up north for another year.

Regardless of the catcher of choice...if Lowe comes to MKE then Hiura could be involved in a deal for a true #1

Pina for Tampa young C, BLowe (and therefore Kratz by addition)

moreover a guess here...

CRay, Hiura, Supak for Kluber, lottery ticket

Ciuffo's off-field problems are a red flag to me. Not real interested in adding a Bickford behind the plate.

As for the deal, I'd go Nottingham, Erceg for Bauer.

Archived