Brewer Fanatic

Dodgers get Russell Martin from Blue Jays

KeithStone53151

Not really, Austin has options or could be part of the trade to the Marlins

At minimum, it gives the Dodgers more leverage. I personally am hoping the Marlins end up holding Realmuto. I want them to get punished for their obscene asking price.

And because then we can trade for him this next offseason when Grandal leaves.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So are the Blue Jays now paying more to players not on their team than the ones that are on their team?

The Blue Jays are probably looking to hit the reset button for the most part, for the Vlad-led youth movement. They have other very good prospects in their system to go with Vlad.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not really, Austin has options or could be part of the trade to the Marlins

At minimum, it gives the Dodgers more leverage. I personally am hoping the Marlins end up holding Realmuto. I want them to get punished for their obscene asking price.

And because then we can trade for him this next offseason when Grandal leaves.

This was my first thought also. The Marlins don't need to trade him in the offseason. Although, I'm sure (despite being a catcher) that he will be a hot commodity a the 2019 trading deadline too.

Archived