Brewer Fanatic

Dozier to Nats; 1-year, $9M

reillymcshane

Dozier has the highest upside offensively of the options for the Brewers but I'd rather just wait it out and see who's left in the $5 million or under range. ...unless it's Marwin Gonzalez then screw the budget and offer him up 3 years 27 million or 1 year 12 million. Doubtful either get it done, but Gonzalez would be a great player to add to the Brewers core.

Forgot to mention Josh Harrison above. He'd fit Stearns' MO as a guy who can play nearly anywhere, and would be a terrific locker room guy. He'll turn 32 in July.

...but he kind of sucks.

I just don't want anything to do with this guy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Is Passan's source named "Common Sense"?

Fingers crossed for Lowrie, or to a lesser extent, Gonzalez.

The wording makes me think Lowrie, as Gonzalez didn't play 3rd last year.

Lowrie makes more sense anyway. Just hope it's a short deal if it happens.

Pretty exciting.

Forgot to mention Josh Harrison above. He'd fit Stearns' MO as a guy who can play nearly anywhere, and would be a terrific locker room guy. He'll turn 32 in July.

...but he kind of sucks.

I just don't want anything to do with this guy.

Wasn't great last year, but consistently solid to very good before that. I think you could do a whole lot worse on a short-term deal as a bridge guy. He can transition to a super sub and play anywhere as well.

Cubs?

Didn't they sign Descalso with the idea of him splitting time there with Zobrist? I imagine Baez would move there if they hang on to Russell after his suspension as well.

Plus it sounds from various sources that ownership has put in a hard cap on spending. They would need to unload a salary to take on more... At least from several reports...

Archived