Brewer Fanatic

2019 Misc MLB News

TURBO
From what I could tell the Astros do have the extra netting that so many teams put in recent years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of and stopped a replay and it sure looks like it's there to me. With that is going to be extremely rare now since it's no longer a straight liner and people affected are further away so folks have more time to react plus it's just a weaker hit ball

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I could tell the Astros do have the extra netting that so many teams put in recent years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of and stopped a replay and it sure looks like it's there to me. With that is going to be extremely rare now since it's no longer a straight liner and people affected are further away so folks have more time to react plus it's just a weaker hit ball

I do believe it is extended for them, but I could see it going even further down the line. In Japan it extends around the whole line, I believe.

I do believe it is extended for them, but I could see it going even further down the line. In Japan it extends around the whole line, I believe.

From what I could see, this went over the net. But IDK for sure, just basing off how far back it was and from when I stopped it seemed they were still close enough to Home to be behind. So, they'd need to make it even higher to stop this. They have to be 8-10 ft high as it is.

This probably comes off like I'm anti-net. Which I'm not, when I sit behind it blends in immediately for me. Just saying, they did do the new precautions and you're never gonna eliminate the possibility to 0 when a hard object is flying into a crowd of thousands. Some fluke bad luck stuff will occur.

Verified Member
I've seen a lot of internet comments about the need to pay attention. I don't think that would have mattered in this case, but it did get me to thinking about how teams like the Brewers are actively trying to get you to use your phone during games. Tweet or instgram your pic. Play bingo. Vote for the all stars. If teams are going to actively push you to focus on your phone, then they need to put up nets all the way down the line.

I dont think it went over it, but I could be wrong.

Yea I'm by no means sure either. The way articles are written it implies it went beyond rather than over but still not 100% sure, and the pics I saw seemed the opposite. But yea I don't see the harm in putting it further down the line.

I've knocked a few line drives down with my wife when we were in the 2nd row down the left field line. It's not easy.

Amen to that. Even petite, skinny wives are tough to hoist up as a shield that quickly.

I've knocked a few line drives down with my wife when we were in the 2nd row down the left field line. It's not easy.

Amen to that. Even petite, skinny wives are tough to hoist up as a shield that quickly.

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Haha. +1

:laughing :laughing

A little levity never hurts!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I was just looking at the Rockies hitting stats for fantasy purposes and I had never realized just how much Coors inflates their offensive numbers. This year their team OPS is just under .900 at home. For reference, the highest team OPS so far this year is the Twins at .851, followed by the Astros at .834, and Dodgers at .816. Even with that huge home OPS, their overall team OPS sits just 11th in MLB. Looking back the last few years their home OPS is about .175-.200 points higher than on the road ever year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was just looking at the Rockies hitting stats for fantasy purposes and I had never realized just how much Coors inflates their offensive numbers. This year their team OPS is just under .900 at home. For reference, the highest team OPS so far this year is the Twins at .851, followed by the Astros at .834, and Dodgers at .816. Even with that huge home OPS, their overall team OPS sits just 11th in MLB. Looking back the last few years their home OPS is about .175-.200 points higher than on the road ever year.

Trevor Story is 1.125 OPS at home. On the road he's .734

David Dahl is 1.024/.713

Those are crazy splits. Arenado is about the only one who's good home and away.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Verified Member

This is fairly miscellaneous so I'm putting it here: as Caleb Smith continues his transformation into an ace, I forgot that the Brewers grabbed him in the Rule 5 draft as recently as December 2016 and then sold him the same day to the Cubs (who later returned him to the Yankees).

:( :( :(

Just saw Zobrist hasn't played in almost a month & might miss the rest of the season going through a divorce. Anything like that ever happened before?

I think it was Jake Peavy retired after his divorce because he had custody of his kids but that's not exactly the same. Must be a messy situation or the Cubs are just glad to get his sub .600 OPS bat off the roster.

That's why I only date RealDolls™

Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the season. The play was interesting; he was on first and Segura hit a pop fly the second basemen let drop. He then threw Segura out at first and then McCutchen got into a rundown when he hurt his knee.

Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the season. The play was interesting; he was on first and Segura hit a pop fly the second basemen let drop. He then threw Segura out at first and then McCutchen got into a rundown when he hurt his knee.

I wonder if this is symptomatic of why Segura has been on 5 teams in his young career. McCutcheon has a torn ACL directly due to Segura not running out a pop fly. Is he considered a selfish player or teammate. I’m pretty sure he was in a huge locker room brawl in Seattle last year. For all I know that was the first time all year he didn’t hustle, but I bet it wasn’t.

The bigger issue is a star player got hurt on what should have been a meaningless play that resulted in one out. There is no question that King Manfred should decree that as soon as a pop fly leaves the bat the umpires should immediately just rule it an out to avoid such needless injuries.

P.S. This wasn't meant to be a serious post. Should have put it in blue.

Archived