Brewer Fanatic

Weak 17 Game Thread Lions @ Packers

sveumrules
Valdez-Scantling is 6'4" and runs a 4.3 40, yet he has been overthrown on every deep ball all season. And he is open on every one of them. I don't understand how that is even possible.

Not enough air under the deep balls is the problem. Heck, even under thrown balls would’ve been more productive = PI

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Valdez-Scantling is 6'4" and runs a 4.3 40, yet he has been overthrown on every deep ball all season. And he is open on every one of them. I don't understand how that is even possible.

Not enough air under the deep balls is the problem. Heck, even under thrown balls would’ve been more productive = PI

I tend to agree, but I've not seen MVS open deep that often this year either. Seems like his track speed doesn't translate that well to the field (at least not yet).

Sounds like Rodgers wanted to play, so he played.

Sure, the organization should have the final say. They obviously either don't or didn't want to exercise it for whatever reason.

Maybe in future season Rodgers will learn from today & start sitting out the last couple two tree games of every season after we've been eliminated from the postseason.

What gets me is why this game, for all intents and purposes an exhibition game, is important enough to play in but yet he plays about 8 snaps every pre-season and it typically shows early on in the season.

For a player hyped with having tremendous ball skills going into the draft, Josh Jackson has been a disappointment. A guy like him needs good ball skills, because he doesn't have the speed to make up for it like Alexander has.

He's too slow. Never close enough to a receiver to actually use the ball skills. Might be a good free safety though.

Sounds like Rodgers wanted to play, so he played.

Sure, the organization should have the final say. They obviously either don't or didn't want to exercise it for whatever reason.

Maybe in future season Rodgers will learn from today & start sitting out the last couple two tree games of every season after we've been eliminated from the postseason.

What gets me is why this game, for all intents and purposes an exhibition game, is important enough to play in but yet he plays about 8 snaps every pre-season and it typically shows early on in the season.

I agree, and I really hope that changes with a new regime. There needs to be more leadership and accountability from the QB. And I'm typically a big Rodgers apologist.

For a player hyped with having tremendous ball skills going into the draft, Josh Jackson has been a disappointment. A guy like him needs good ball skills, because he doesn't have the speed to make up for it like Alexander has.

I’m still willing to give him a free pass in year 1.

But I hear ya. I’m underwhelmed.

Imagine waking up at dawn, driving 2.5 hours to Green Bay from Milwaukee, drinking $10 beers on a metal bench in sub-freezing conditions, watching the Packers get shut out by the Lions, sitting in traffic for an hour to get out of Green Bay and then driving back to MKE another 2.5 hours, this time in the dark. Yuck.

The Packers got blown out?

Live footage from Twirly's basement....

This would be me if we lost last week and guaranteed ourselves the 7th pick.

I just read that with the way things shook out today, the best the Packers could have drafted with a loss last week would have been 8th. 2-4 spots isn't really enough of a difference to get upset about.

Hopefully that stinker means there won't be any real interest in Philbin other than the consideration of going through the motions of an interview...

I would think/hope that ship has sailed. Kind of a raw deal for Philbin, but I'm sure he knew the score going in. I'm sure he'll be on McCarthy's staff in Arizona/New York/Cleveland.

Fire Mark Murphy. He should not be immune from criticism.

He was handed an enviable situation when Bob Harlan retired and turned it into a dumpster fire.

Was he? Didn’t he have to deal with the Favre un-retirement disaster like immediately?

And is missing the playoffs two consecutive years after making it 8 straight really a dumpster fire?

Fire Mark Murphy. He should not be immune from criticism.

He was handed an enviable situation when Bob Harlan retired and turned it into a dumpster fire.

Was he? Didn’t he have to deal with the Favre un-retirement disaster like immediately?

And is missing the playoffs two consecutive years after making it 8 straight really a dumpster fire?

We can make excuses for him but he allowed Thompson to run our depth into the ground. And while it is all pure speculation about demeantia, you’d have to be pretty blind to see that Thompson didn’t even look right in those last couple of years. That falls squarely on Murphy for letting it go so long. It’s killed Rodgers later years so far and if he didn’t get Gute right and he flops on the next head coach, we are headed back to no-wheresville of a franchise. It’s truly a scary time knowing Murphy controls all of that because I think he’s a bum. I won’t get started on the Favre stuff because Murphy has poop in his pants on that one also.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived