Brewer Fanatic

2019 Brewers Giveaways

hawing
Don't put them in the dishwasher. Wrecked one already. Maybe it says that. I didn't pay attention. Oops.

We got an email from our ticket rep before our glasses even arrived saying they're not dishwasher safe - so I have a feeling the packaging doesn't specify that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 4 weeks later...
There's going to be a Billy Joel bobble theme night in April

yeah, just like every other team that has had him perform at their stadium.

boring...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Kinda feel like bobbles are the new team announcers; pretty much nobody likes them no matter what they do. I 100% agree with everyone that bobble overkill has been the problem for about a decade, but the JS ran a story awhile ago that the bobbles boost attendance big time, so they are here to stay.

As much as I'd love to see Fernando Vina in the 90s uni, I don't think their target demo would really care. I still have fun getting them no matter how lame they are.

Kinda feel like bobbles are the new team announcers; pretty much nobody likes them no matter what they do. I 100% agree with everyone that bobble overkill has been the problem for about a decade, but the JS ran a story awhile ago that the bobbles boost attendance big time, so they are here to stay.

As much as I'd love to see Fernando Vina in the 90s uni, I don't think their target demo would really care. I still have fun getting them no matter how lame they are.

Probably all true, however, does their target audience want a Billy Joel bobblehead?

I just think their promo/marketing team is not very creative when it comes to their bobble making decisions.

No, but the Billy Joel bobble will probably get some people in the door that otherwise wouldn't go, just to get that bobble. Collectors will go, and fans of Billy will too. Especially if it is a random Tuesday night, it is another way for the venue to milk a few more bucks out of him coming in.

I still don't think they do a bigger theme night than Peanuts. Every year the line is a mile long. I'm betting some of those people couldn't care less about the Brewers, but there they are.

I was initially but Peanuts is a huge part of pop culture. I never got into it as a kid beyond the holiday specials, but for older folks Peanuts was life for a long time. I think it's one of those things anybody 40 and under won't grasp, but I get why it's wildly popular as a collector piece.

The Billy Joel bobblehead is fine, my Mom is a huge fan and will love one for Mother's Day. The main people that have issues with bobbles are the completists that have to have one of everything, that is not the Brewers Marketing Department's problem. If you don't like a particular bobble pass on it and move on.

I was initially but Peanuts is a huge part of pop culture.

It's a huge part of pop culture if you're of a certain age or older. That's what surprises me about its continued popularity. I l o v e d Peanuts as a kid and was sad at its (and Mr. Schulz's) demise, but I don't seek out the rerun strips.

(I kind of want to make a baby boomer quip, but there are better directions for this thread to take.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It just comes down to the fact you don't need a bobble to get TurboRickey in the door, he will go anyway. You do need one to get the person that's mildly into baseball and will go 1-2x per year. At the end of the day their money is the same.

Actually, the bobbles are so easy to get these days, I don't go to every bobblehead game any longer. Probably 2 or 3 per season. With 13 given out last year (including the SSH and special events), that isn't very many. You can get them on ebay for dirt cheap, or the facebook bobble pages are great for trades.

After 13 last year, I find it hard to believe they will do fewer this year. I liked the idea of the Braun starting line-up figure, the 70's bullpen cart, talking Bob Uecker bottle opener, and Yount Jerseys as SGA items. I'd like to see them do more stuff like that and fewer bobbles.

They do too darn many bobbles, and I even collect the stupid things...

2018 Milwaukee Brewers Bobbleheads

Season Seat Holder Knebel

4/21/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Captain America

4/22/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Eric Thames

5/04/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Braun Solo Star Wars Special Event

5/05/18 - Milwaukee Brewers “Charro” Chorizo

5/27/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Travis Shaw Mayor of Ding Dong City

6/11/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Mini Bernie Stitch n Pitch

6/24/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Gauntlet Bobblehead

7/07/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Sugar Skull

8/04/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Sandlot Ham Porter

8/25/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Snoopy

8/26/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Lorenzo Cain

9/15/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Ed Sedar Coaches vs Cancer

I actually liked most of the ones from last season. I really liked Thames, the Sugar Skull, Ham Porter was cool enough. Not a Peanuts fan but thought Snoopy looked good. Shaw was really well done, with the mini speech on his placard and everything. I'm a sucker for Marvel, but I was pretty happy with a lot of them.

It would be nice if they did some bobbles of no name players who had random individual performances like Chris Saenz only start, Kottaras hitting for the cycle, or any of the players who hold the Brewer's record for RBI's in a game like Aaron Hill and Ted Kubiak. Those totally obscure things are more interesting than another version of a Ryan Braun bobblehead.

It would be nice if they did some bobbles of no name players who had random individual performances like Chris Saenz only start, Kottaras hitting for the cycle, or any of the players who hold the Brewer's record for RBI's in a game like Aaron Hill and Ted Kubiak. Those totally obscure things are more interesting than another version of a Ryan Braun bobblehead.

They can't even bring themselves to do a Nieves No Hitter bobble, somehing tells me the things you just mentioned are not even a remote possibility...

• 1 year later...
Community Moderator
2018 Milwaukee Brewers Bobbleheads

Season Seat Holder Knebel

4/21/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Captain America

4/22/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Eric Thames

5/04/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Braun Solo Star Wars Special Event

5/05/18 - Milwaukee Brewers “Charro” Chorizo

5/27/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Travis Shaw Mayor of Ding Dong City

6/11/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Mini Bernie Stitch n Pitch

6/24/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Gauntlet Bobblehead

7/07/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Sugar Skull

8/04/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Sandlot Ham Porter

8/25/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Snoopy

8/26/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Lorenzo Cain

9/15/18 - Milwaukee Brewers Ed Sedar Coaches vs Cancer

Bumping an old thread here, but I finally cleared up some shelf space to catch up on adding some of the more recent bobbles. In pulling out my 2018 Cain, the bat is comically unable to stay in his 'grasp'. Is this a design flaw of the 2018 design, or do I have a lemon?

Thanks!

They can't even bring themselves to do a Nieves No Hitter bobble, somehing tells me the things you just mentioned are not even a remote possibility...

Also, they never bothered to finish the 2nd series of Racing Sausages. They left out the Brat. Makes no sense to do all of them, and leave one out, but that is what they have done. Once that stupid Hank mutt came on the scene, they stopped the sausages and went full on Hank the dog... Disappointing. At least they finally stopped with the Hank nonsense, but never came back and finished the Sausage series.

The Brat gets no respect.

Community Moderator
Peavey, on mine, the bat fits nicely... I think you probably have that "lemon" you speak of.

Thanks! Upon closer inspection, it does appear that the bat is broken off a bit at the end, so that must be the issue.

Archived