Brewer Fanatic

2019 Brewers Giveaways

hawing

The Brewers announced their 2019 giveaways today. Seems a bit late, but they had a longer 2018 season, so I guess?

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/tickets/promotions/featured-giveaways

Bobbles (6): Aguilar, Jeffress, Yelich, Fielder, Hader and a TBD in late August.

"Wearables" (4): Short-sleeved T-shirt, a trucker hat, a Cooper replica jersey, and a strapback hat.

"Accessories" (2): Can holder (I assume a koozie?) and a fanny pack.

So only 12 dates this year. The t-shirt, can holder, and two caps are for the first 10,000 fans (in some cases age 21+) and the other items are all-fans.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Big Takeaway here: I was pleading for a Hader "real hair" bobblehead at least a year ago thinking of the absolute brilliance it would be. I know it has been mentioned before sometimes part of the Brewers front office (possibly ones doing promotional related things) have visited the site in the past. I was hoping my comment would be seen and the perfect bobble would be born.

Because of my comment or not I hope it happens because it would be great.

Not really late, it's announced this time-ish every year so I was expecting it this week. There will also be more. There are no theme nights listed, and those are good for 3-4 more bobbles. Bank on Stitch n Pitch, Star Wars as they are home again on Saturday, May 4, Peanuts, Marvel, and likely 1-2 others. They seemed to trend toward more Theme Night packages last year for harder to sell nights. Themes nights will come out late Jan, and annoyingly they usually tack 1-2 on during the season.

You're right about those theme nights. People love their theme nights bobbleheads. The Brewers intentionally make something harder to get and then collectors lose their minds over something that most don't care about otherwise. Another 4-5 bobbles wouldn't surprise me. I'm so over bobbleheads. Pride night, Grateful Dead night, etc that didn't have bobbles involved all seemed to go over pretty well. Hope they start shifting too more nights like that.

Big Takeaway here: I was pleading for a Hader "real hair" bobblehead at least a year ago thinking of the absolute brilliance it would be. I know it has been mentioned before sometimes part of the Brewers front office (possibly ones doing promotional related things) have visited the site in the past. I was hoping my comment would be seen and the perfect bobble would be born.

Because of my comment or not I hope it happens because it would be great.

Doesn't look like it according to this tweet.

For their 50th year in Milwaukee, I'd like them to do a young Bud Selig or Bonnie Brewer or Tommy Harper bobble. Or maybe a figure of 1970 County Stadium.

For the record the Brewers celebrated their 25th anniversary in 1994. They celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2010. Who knows when they will celebrate the 50th.

For their 50th year in Milwaukee, I'd like them to do a young Bud Selig or Bonnie Brewer or Tommy Harper bobble. Or maybe a figure of 1970 County Stadium.

For the record the Brewers celebrated their 25th anniversary in 1994. They celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2010. Who knows when they will celebrate the 50th.

Next year

Including the SSH Knebel bobble last year, there were 14 total bobbles last year. Only 4 were all fan giveaways, so 10 others...

If that is the case again this year, there will be another 7 special event bobbles, plus the SSH bobble.

It has become overkill for the collectors, just too damn many...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just a guess, but with the amount of new accounts they opened last year and the amount of 4-packs and increased sales they will see already from 2018's success, there will probably not be as many promotions. There is a cost to the team that's less necessary to take on if they've already sold a bunch of tickets.

This announcement last year had 16 promotions. Star Wars, Marvel, Peanuts, Stitch n Pitch, SSH are virtual locks. Coaches vs Cancer very likely. Then they always seem to add one after the season starts.

Just a guess, but with the amount of new accounts they opened last year and the amount of 4-packs and increased sales they will see already from 2018's success, there will probably not be as many promotions. There is a cost to the team that's less necessary to take on if they've already sold a bunch of tickets.

This announcement last year had 16 promotions. Star Wars, Marvel, Peanuts, Stitch n Pitch, SSH are virtual locks. Coaches vs Cancer very likely. Then they always seem to add one after the season starts.

Game of Thrones, also a lock.

Sandlot was extremely successful as well, and numerous teams jumped on that bandwagon, so another sandlot bobble is probably a given as well...

That would make 8 more added to the 6 all fans, so 14 again...

*sigh*

I got a cool SSH pint glass set today in the mail. Wasn't expecting anything like that. Neat.

I'm eagerly awaiting ours, now that I know to look for a Brewers package.

They have really stepped up their SSH appreciation game. And it kind of makes up for the apparent absence of 2018 postseason pint glasses. We still use our 2011 pint glasses regularly.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I wonder why the Brewers have not capitalized on a Happy Days series of bobbleheads?

They do bobbles that have no connection to Milwaukee or Wisconsin, Game of Thrones, Peanuts, Sandlot, Marvel, etc. Why not immortalize Happy Days?

I think it would go over bigtime!

I wonder why the Brewers have not capitalized on a Happy Days series of bobbleheads?

They do bobbles that have no connection to Milwaukee or Wisconsin, Game of Thrones, Peanuts, Sandlot, Marvel, etc. Why not immortalize Happy Days?

I think it would go over bigtime!

Step by Step or That 70's Show could fit in that too. For That 70's Show Jeffress would be my first choice.

Not as sure on Sandlot. I thought last year was some sort of Sandlot anniversary and thus why they did it.

It was the 25th anniversary of the film in 2018. 1994 was a huge year for baseball movies, including such amazing classics as Little Big League, Angel's in the Outfield, Cobb, The Scout and of course, Major League II.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived