Brewer Fanatic

Madison Bumgarner

Well, as I said, at minimum it'd be cool for them to beat out big-money LA for the NL West crown.

Easy to root for a $199M payroll team to get beat out by a scrappy $205M payroll team. ;)

Yeah, I just understand why the Giants winning it all is any better, at all, over the Dodgers...

I hate rooting for the media's darlings in any sport, which usually is tied to the largest markets.

MLB: Yankees, Mets, BoSox, Cubs, Dodgers

NBA: Lakers, Knicks (on the rare-lately chance they're actually good)

NFL: Cowboys

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No argument there, not many of those teams I can stand.

The Knicks are hilarious in that they have every possible big market advantage possible and still manage to royally suck year after year. Their owner is a total joke and has zero self-awareness about that fact.

This is the same guy who yelled "Don't look at me!" at a hitter because he was pissy that he made a bad pitch. The same guy who yelled at the entire Texas Rangers' bench because he didn't like the way they were playing the game. The same guy who yelled "You're not that (expletive) good!" at Alex Guerrero multiple times simply for being frustrated at popping up a pitch. The same guy who throws beanballs every time he feels the slightest whiff of disrespect.

He's a pretentious entitled diva. This is simply another small exhibit among many.

I think those are viable examples. I don't think a guy with the resume that MadBum has and the mentality he approaches the game with makes his private text about them using an opener for him in that same category.

I think if Jimmy Nelson said the same thing we'd be applauding his confidence and "bulldog" type persona. But because it's a guy we got into it with last year, we're putting WAAY too much into it.

And we're also assuming he was serious. My guess is that he was half joking in that he'd walk out of the stadium or wouldn't do it, but 100 pct serious in that he hated the idea.

I hate rooting for the media's darlings in any sport, which usually is tied to the largest markets.

I like that list, but I'd take the Mets out and put the Cards in. I don't really see the Mets as Media darlings. In fact, they seem to get small market treatment more than anything. All the rumors of them trading Degrom and Syndergaard(a guy who's 25 years old, has the stuff that people hoped Strausburg would have and is coming off a "disappointing" 4.0 WAR season).

Can you imagine if the Cards had a couple guys who still had multiple years under team control talking about trading two talents like that? I actually think they get treated like the little brothers they are in NYC.

Other than that, I am in 100 pct agreement with that list. I might add the Pats as I just hate watching them somehow win year after year.

This is the same guy who yelled "Don't look at me!" at a hitter because he was pissy that he made a bad pitch. The same guy who yelled at the entire Texas Rangers' bench because he didn't like the way they were playing the game. The same guy who yelled "You're not that (expletive) good!" at Alex Guerrero multiple times simply for being frustrated at popping up a pitch. The same guy who throws beanballs every time he feels the slightest whiff of disrespect.

He's a pretentious entitled diva. This is simply another small exhibit among many.

I think those are viable examples. I don't think a guy with the resume that MadBum has and the mentality he approaches the game with makes his private text about them using an opener for him in that same category.

I think if Jimmy Nelson said the same thing we'd be applauding his confidence and "bulldog" type persona. But because it's a guy we got into it with last year, we're putting WAAY too much into it.

And we're also assuming he was serious. My guess is that he was half joking in that he'd walk out of the stadium or wouldn't do it, but 100 pct serious in that he hated the idea.

There are plenty of examples of Bummy being a prick other than last year. He yells at batters for being upset after they strikeout and he stares down guys for whatever reason he sees fit. A perfect fit for the Cardinals if there ever was one.

I like that list, but I'd take the Mets out and put the Cards in. I don't really see the Mets as Media darlings. In fact, they seem to get small market treatment more than anything. All the rumors of them trading Degrom and Syndergaard(a guy who's 25 years old, has the stuff that people hoped Strausburg would have and is coming off a "disappointing" 4.0 WAR season).

Can you imagine if the Cards had a couple guys who still had multiple years under team control talking about trading two talents like that? I actually think they get treated like the little brothers they are in NYC.

Other than that, I am in 100 pct agreement with that list. I might add the Pats as I just hate watching them somehow win year after year.

I get tired of the Patriots winning every year, too, but the "from 10,000 feet," view like the 49ers in Joe Montana's day, when it comes to how they play the game on the field (in other words, taking Belichek's personality out of the equation), it's hard to argue with the results because they're just incredibly good.

Archived