Brewer Fanatic

2019 Minor League Coaching Thread

markedman5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A couple notables for me were Jim Henderson as A ball pitching coach and Hiram Burgos Arizona league pitching coach. I feel like Burgos will be an excellent pitching coach, he really maximized his results based on his physical ability. Doesn't seem to be significant churn at the upper levels. Mostly it was guys getting bumped up a level, very few if any brand new faces at the top 3 levels.

Via the Vibes for the Rookie Ball level on their new hitting coach:

Nick Stanley, 31, begins his second year as a coach in the Brewers organization. He spent 2018 as hitting coach with the DSL Indians/Brewers, and 2017 as a coach at St. Petersburg College, a role he also held in 2010. Previously, Stanley worked as the National Coach for Baseball New Zealand in Auckland. He contributed to several aspects of the organization, including player and program development as well as recruitment.

Stanley played two years in the Houston Astros system, after being drafted by the organization in the 25th round of the 2009 First Year Player Draft out of Florida Southern College. He graduated in 2012 with a B.A. in criminology from the University of South Florida. Nick currently resides in Seminole, Florida.

Nine straight years managing in low A seems rather uncommon. I thought the hiring of Counsell would lead to Matt coming to the big league staff shortly after, especially after someone (Stearns or Counsell, can't remember) made some comments praising him and the job he does. Maybe it's just a matter of him wanting to wait until his kids are older.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived