Brewer Fanatic

Game thread: Green Bay at New England Patriots, 11/04/18

CheezWizHed

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins were blown up today and HaHa had a very typical game, he was essentially invisible. I think they will regret losing even a 4th for him. He's just not very good.

I think the Packers win tonight. The Patriots are an annual contender obviously, but this year's team is not as scary as they usually are. The defense is very vulnerable, so I expect a high-scoring game. Sticking with 37-34 Packers. Last week's game was a typical game McCarthy-coached teams often win. I think with the prospect of falling under .500 they pull this one out.

I'll be surprised if they get run off the field. I think it'll be a good one. We don't get to see Brady-Rodgers nearly often enough so I hope it's fun.

When is Jimmy Graham going to make a tough catch for this team? Man, he’s been a bust.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When is Jimmy Graham going to make a tough catch for this team? Man, he’s been a bust.

Prior to tonight Graham was on pace for ~850 yard season, which would have ranked 3rd among TEs last year. He has 40 yards already in the 1st quarter tonight.

He hasn't been anything remotely close to a bust.

Prior to tonight Graham was on pace for ~850 yard season, which would have ranked 3rd among TEs last year. He has 40 yards already in the 1st quarter tonight.

Bust was too strong a word. Disappointment for me. He’s had his mitts on some would be touchdowns this season and failed to make plays. He was supposed to be a good red zone target and hasn’t been. It’s hurt our offense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That doesn't really say much. Richard Rodgers had a 600 yard season. Graham isn't doing at all what he was signed to do. Bust may be harsh, but disappointing is very fair. There was a detailed evaluation in JSO about how he's clearly fallen off and no longer a difference maker. His catch % is waaaay down the last two seasons which would support the idea that he's not coming down with contested catches. And he hasn't. At this point in his career he's a red zone target and not much else, and one with one touchdown.

Well, you’re putting words in my mouth with the red zone only part but a huge part of his game was supposed to be helping us get in the end zone. He’s not so far. He plays like he has ankle weights on. And that play tonight hit his mitts still. Just like others have. Can’t recall a contested catch he’s made so far.

I'm referring to his body of work this year. I don't think he's come down with one of those contested passes all year. It's happened a lot. The old Jimmy Graham makes way more of those plays. He's got no explosiveness at this point. 8th in the NFL in yards among tight ends doesn't mean much to me. Probably 1/3 of teams don't use their TE in the passing game anyway. Graham has been pretty average. Not a difference maker at all.

His catch % is below 58 the last two seasons. He had years pushing 70 in his peak.

Im fairly upset about the whitehead ejection. Hes grabbed abd pushed after the play is over and slaps the guy who did it so lets only call the penalty on the packer and eject him. Also, i obviously disagree with the announcers claiming the lineman did nothing wrong.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Pretty black and white. He was ejected for striking the head. Zero tolerance.

Offense sputtering again is all that's mildly upsetting to me. I just haven't felt any excitement watching this team this year outside of the 4th quarter of Week 1. I'm just not engaged and it's hard to even pay attention. They're just kind of...well, boring.

It was tough watching Cordarrelle Patterson carve them up on that last drive. There’s some extra sting there with him being an ex-Viking.

The pace of the game seems to be moving pretty well. With daylight savings time, it feels like an 8:30 pm start.

It’s frustrating how the NFL is all about “player safety” now and we seem to be getting the short end of the stick on every single one of these calls all season. It’s odd that a defenseless receiver can get absolutely crushed and literally knocked out on the field, but the defensive player is frequently left in the game. If they want to strictly enforce player safety, then start calling it on actual dirty plays where guys either do get hurt or where they have a high probability of being hurt. That little slap of the facemask was nothing.

Except everyone in the country other than the referee disagrees with you at this point.

Everyone except the referee, and the officials who reviewed in NY and confirmed it. It is striking the head, and an automatic ejection. You and the Twitterverse can think what you want about it.

This has nothing to do with that play, which isn't a catch, but I really hate replay. I can't stand watching these games anymore with all the stoppages. I'd rather live with infuriating calls.

I’m finally all caught up on the DVR and the second half is already a drag.

Except everyone in the country other than the referee disagrees with you at this point.

Everyone except the referee, and the officials who reviewed in NY and confirmed it. It is striking the head, and an automatic ejection. You and the Twitterverse can think what you want about it.

NFL calls like that are confirmed in New York?

Archived