Brewer Fanatic

Soria and Moustakas officially FA

KeithStone53151
Not crazy at all, that's basically what happened to him last year with KC. Granted, he won't have the QO attached to him this summer, but I'd be surprised if it's a much more robust market for him than 2017.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I agree with that sentiment Joseph. I think that Moose might be wishing he'd have taken the $15m before the offseason is over. He's well-known because of his playoff exposure, but he's not a good enough player to receive the kind of contract he seems to think he can demand. He's an MLB regular, not a star.

Not like we accepted it and he declined. I am guessing there was no chance we were picking up that option at $15mil.

I believe it was going to be a $1 million buyout if the Brewers had decided not to pick up the one year at $15 million. If the Brewers had no intention of actually offering the $15 million and Moose just walked away from a $1 million buyout he is really playing his cards wrong. I wonder if the team option specified that the player had to choose first, [sarcasm]or if they did rock, paper, scissors to see who had to make the first move[/sarcasm]?

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I agree with that sentiment Joseph. I think that Moose might be wishing he'd have taken the $15m before the offseason is over. He's well-known because of his playoff exposure, but he's not a good enough player to receive the kind of contract he seems to think he can demand. He's an MLB regular, not a star.

Not like we accepted it and he declined. I am guessing there was no chance we were picking up that option at $15mil.

I believe it was going to be a $1 million buyout if the Brewers had decided not to pick up the one year at $15 million. If the Brewers had no intention of actually offering the $15 million and Moose just walked away from a $1 million buyout he is really playing his cards wrong. I wonder if the team option specified that the player had to choose first, [sarcasm]or if they did rock, paper, scissors to see who had to make the first move[/sarcasm]?

According to McCalvy, both Moose and Soria get the $1 million buyout regardless of who turns down the option, and that the player is first to choose

According to McCalvy, both Moose and Soria get the $1 million buyout regardless of who turns down the option, and that the player is first to choose

Did not realize that, thanks for the information!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I agree that the Hosmer deal was ridiculous but have to admit that I liked Hosmer much better as a player than Moustakas after the 2017 season. Hosmer = .294/.359/.463/.822 and averaged 159 games per season from 2015-2017. Moustakas = .275/.329/.496/.824 and averaged 107 games per season from 2015-2017. Hosmer had clearly shown a much better ability to consistently get on base, even though he had some down years in OBP (like 2016).

Archived