Brewer Fanatic

Frustration seeing the Dodgers move on

BrewFan130

Obviously as a Brewers fan I wanted nothing more than to see the Brewers in the World Series. The frustration comes because there were 2 games the Brewers really had chances to win. Game 2 where Jeffress blew the lead in the eighth and Game 4 loss, 2-1 in 13 innings. It always hurts losing games by a run and hurts even more when the offense doesn’t show up and only score 1 run in those 13 innings.

My biggest fear is repeating 2011, the Brewers win the Division with 96 wins and don’t see the playoffs again for 7 years. Of course I see this Brewers team is very different then 2011’s as that teams talent was at its peak. 2011 played in the NLCS, but they weren’t in it it. The 2018 Brewers really competed in the NLCS and had opportunities to win it. Going forward the Brewers have good young starting and bullpen pitchers.

The brewers have a lot of young pitching and quantity for average mlb talent. I see trades, signings, and promotions all bringing a much more talented team to the field next year. The starting pitching and hitting in particular will be much better. Stearns is not one for sitting and relaxing
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I had Cub fans tell me they were rooting for the Brewers because they couldn't stand the Dodgers either. I'm pretty much ignoring the Series with two big market teams. I look at it this way. Brewers extended the season until Oct. 21. The NBA season has started. College football and NFL are in high gear. College hoops is 2 weeks away. There's not much left of the golf season in these parts. In less than 5 months I'll be sitting in Maryvale soaking up the sun and watching meaningless baseball for clues of the season ahead. Life's good. The Brewers took us on a nice ride. In a few months it all starts all over again. It's about the journey for me not the destination.

Difference in 2012 to 2019 is that the FA we lost back then we're far more impactful than the three we will most likely lose this winter.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'll only be frustrated with another team moving on if it's a.) The Cubs or b.) The Cardinals

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

There's this too, which I saw from a friend out East; it's gotten zero attention out here:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/10/23/los-angeles-dodgers-cross-picket-line-betray-proud-heritage/F2qK5GhlqSSzTAWDEfT9dK/story.html

Just a pot stirring writer trying to make something out of nothing. Following his logic, the Red Sox players should be out there striking with the workers. But they are not. And no one cares.

Difference in 2012 to 2019 is that the FA we lost back then we're far more impactful than the three we will most likely lose this winter.

Brewers also played an entire year with basically zero production from SS and 2B (until they got Moose).

They should be pretty good next year but a lot of really good teams don't make it to the LCS so a lot still has to go their way.

There's this too, which I saw from a friend out East; it's gotten zero attention out here:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/10/23/los-angeles-dodgers-cross-picket-line-betray-proud-heritage/F2qK5GhlqSSzTAWDEfT9dK/story.html

Just a pot stirring writer trying to make something out of nothing. Following his logic, the Red Sox players should be out there striking with the workers. But they are not. And no one cares.

Crossing a picket line isn't the same as not joining one.

Crossing a picket line isn't the same as not joining one.

The players had zero say in where they were staying. What are they supposed to do, refuse to stay there and find another hotel with 50+ rooms available immediately for the next two nights? This is such a non-issue I can't believe the Globe wasted kilobytes hosting it on their website.

Archived