Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado's Game 7 Crotch Grab

bani1717
The Yankees have shied away from the throw gobs of money at every problem philosophy for a while and I think that will continue, with Machado at least. I'm sure they'll try but ultimately I think he'll go to a team that just wants to "make a splash" and prove they're a contender. He's a Philly next year. They started out hot and then totally collapsed. Their SS's of the future (Crawford and Kingery) proved to be totally underwhelming and they haven't shied away from "win now" type moves like the Arrieta and Santana signings. I think they practically give Santana away, paying most of his contract but still saving some money (or maybe throw Crawford in if someone takes the whole thing), move Hoskins to 1B, and sign Machado to his megadeal.

Even though it was a trade, the Stanton deal was throwing gobs of money at a problem that really wasn't even a problem. You are right that the Phillies make sense as well.

The truth is, the number of teams that can put together a contract like the one Machado is looking for is pretty limited.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived