Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado's Game 7 Crotch Grab

bani1717

Braun paid his price and doesn't do the kind of stuff Machado does on the field. Morgan is a nut case but basically harmless. I don't recall Gomez trying to purposely kick an opponent in the ankle. I for one am glad we don't have that creep on our roster. LA can have him.

100% agreement.

We have never had a player with this level of punkiness on our roster before.

Hope we never do.

e60b4a7da055c36c54b8cbe48001af1b.jpg

Got any examples of him trying to hurt other players?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As hard to believe as it is, it's been almost 30 years since Sheffield was a Brewer. I'd guess a good chunk of this board was barely out of diapers when he played for Milwaukee.

True...

I rode an elevator with him in LA back in the day. I had the girls I was with ask him to sign a ticket stub for me after we got off the elevator, he was very friendly.

I really hope his scumbag attitude in the NLCS ends up costing him money this off season as a free agent. I also get the feeling there isn’t a lot of love for him in the Dodgers clubhouse either. It just doesn’t seem like he’s buddy buddy with anyone on the team

I hope his actions cost him 10's of millions on his next contract.

The Yankees spend with Monopoly money. I predict he'll be a Yankee next year.

yup, makes perfect sense.

Didi is out for what seems to be the majority of next season, and they have endless cash to spend.

If not the Yankees, I can also see the Cubs as a player.

Oh lord, not the Cubs. And not because he would make the Cubs better. I just don't want that guy in the NL. He's gonna hurt somebody and we have to play the freaking Cubs 19/20 games a year.

IM NOT TRYING TO START SOMETHING, but I think Braun proves we will cheer for anyone that is on the Brewers. Or Nyjer Morgan or Carlos Gomez (though I loved his antics) or Fransisco Rodriguez. I am probably missing a few recent ones. If we can cheer for guys after what they did...pretty sure grabbing your junk is okay and anything is okay if it would have sent us to the World Series.

If Machado was on the Brewers it would have been "Yaaaaaaaaah take that Dodgers!! haha suck it!!!! Scoreboard!!! Scoreboard!!! Go sit at home and watch us in the World Series!!! MACHADO!!!!!" Everyone probably would have been doing the same gesture to their TV with a Miller Lite in the other hand.

Okay maybe not that much in love with him...but you get the point.

The only thing that is going to bug you even if he is on your team is the hustling thing...and his comment about it afterwards was pretty, well, bad.

Agreed. No fan base is innocent and all will defend their own, especially in the heat of a postseason run.

I’d venture to guess many here are also Packers fans. I don’t remember what the reaction was among Packer fans to Charles Martin body-slamming Jim McMahon in 1986, but I think I’d be pretty safe in assuming there were some who cheered it with a few “Bears still suck” thoughts tossed in for good measure.

What Machado did to Aguilar was a punk move, no doubt about it, but I think it’s funny that many fans’ reactions - including my own - was that he eventually needs to be drilled in retaliation.

In the grand scheme of things, hitting someone with a baseball is as bad and violent or worse a punk move than kicking someone’s foot. Just because “baseball code” makes it “acceptable” doesn’t make it any less violent an act. It’s funny how one act constitutes outrage and the other grudging acceptance.

As for his slides on Arcia? I couldn’t care less. He paid the proper price for the second one as the rules are currently written. On top of that? Those slides would have been perfectly legal, tame even, not 10 years ago. It’s not as if he barrel-rolled into him. Much ado about very little.

The outrage over the slides into Arcia made be laugh. I'm not that old and didn't start watching baseball heavily until 2009, yet I still remember a few years ago guy would absolutely plow into the legs of the defender on 2nd. He grabbed his leg and I really can't blame him. Guys are constantly trying to be sneaky and get away with rules that aren't called often. Running down the line too far over or leaning into a pitch to get hit. Anyone remember Chase Utley's slide....now THAT is bad.

I think it is one of those things where Machado is known for being a giant douche so every questionable situation has to be made out so he is a giant douche. The umpires just need to see plays like that and correctly call them, as they did on the second slide. We shouldn't even care if he does it because it should help us in the end.

Throwing at him would have been 100 times more dangerous than what he did during any time in that series.

BUT Machado is indeed a big douche bag and I don't like him or anyone that plays the game like that.

Is tis getting any kind of national attention? That's a handful of things just in the post season alone...

Just another reason for me to hate this little punk of a man.

Go Red Sox!

You can clearly see Machado angling his foot toward Pearce’s ankle to step on it. If he was running straight through the bag, his foot wouldn’t be positioned like that. There’s no mistaking that one as an “accident”.

yup, agreed.

I'd like to see him get his clock cleaned by the next guy that he tries to injure.

It may be the only thing that will slow him down, since MLB is doing nothing. (I don't call a $10,000 fine a punishment in any way, that is pocket change to a guy like him)

Sooner or later, he is going to hurt someone, and then the crap will hit the fan. There are a lot of warning signs now, so something needs to be done beforehand.

I'd like to see the media ask his teammates what they think of him...

Machado = Punk.

Anyone else get the feeling we're going to see a "Machado was a bad teammate and killed our chemistry" type article in the coming days with anonymous quotes by his teammates?

If they are honest, this is probably true.

I hope he gets raked over the coals...

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the Yankees' baseball operations and scouting departments are "lukewarm" on pursuing impending free agent Manny Machado.

To be clear, this doesn't rule out the possibility that the Yankees will end up signing Machado anyway. However, Martino hears that the Yankees' baseball operations and scouting departments weren't thrilled with some of his actions during the postseason, including some plays which could be perceived as "dirty." It's something to consider with a player who will almost certainly receive a mega long-term contract this offseason, but we don't expect it will ultimately cost him very much, if anything at all. Until Machado signs somewhere, the Yankees can't be ruled out.

Source: SNY.tvOct 29 - 11:57 AM

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the Yankees' baseball operations and scouting departments are "lukewarm" on pursuing impending free agent Manny Machado.

To be clear, this doesn't rule out the possibility that the Yankees will end up signing Machado anyway. However, Martino hears that the Yankees' baseball operations and scouting departments weren't thrilled with some of his actions during the postseason, including some plays which could be perceived as "dirty." It's something to consider with a player who will almost certainly receive a mega long-term contract this offseason, but we don't expect it will ultimately cost him very much, if anything at all. Until Machado signs somewhere, the Yankees can't be ruled out.

Source: SNY.tvOct 29 - 11:57 AM

I still say he's a Yankee. If for some reason he isn't, he'll be a Cub or a Cardinal.

I don't think the Yankees want him. They are tied up to so many monsters I don't see what he brings them. They score runs like crazy already, their focus is going to be pitching.

I think Manny hurt his value a lot over the last month. He can obviously hit, but his antics got national play and his "I'm not gonna hustle" stuff is not the kind of thing that entices billionaires to invest in guys. I think he's now a prime candidate for a sleeper team. His contract ends up smaller than initially anticipated and he winds up with a second-tier contender. He is done in LA. Don't think there's any chance he goes back there.

I know one of their young infielders is hurt to start next year but I don't think they should sign Machado. You currently have 3 young infielders all cost controlled and doing well, that's kind of the dream. Sure you could move someone to OF but then why not just sign Harper instead? Especially when you factor in their two other mashers are RH, slot Harper in between Stanton and Judge so he can't get walked like crazy and let him tee off into the short porch in RF. That's where I'd be going if I was them. They clear Gardner's 15ish mil this year and Ellsbury has to be a year or two away as well from being off the books. Harper seems like a no brainer move to me for them.

I think it is a little naive to think the Yankees aren't going to be interested. Imagine adding his bat to that line-up?

Their "lack of interest" is probably a ploy to make other teams think they have no interest, and possibly lower his price.

If the Yankees stick to their guns based on their comments though, I will give them credit at that time...

I think it is a little naive to think the Yankees aren't going to be interested. Imagine adding his bat to that line-up?

Their "lack of interest" is probably a ploy to make other teams think they have no interest, and possibly lower his price.

If the Yankees stick to their guns based on their comments though, I will give them credit at that time...

I think the Yanks will be more interested in LH bats if possible. I can't think of any notable player on that team that hits LH besides Gardner(who doesn't play) and Hicks(switch).

The Yankees have shied away from the throw gobs of money at every problem philosophy for a while and I think that will continue, with Machado at least. I'm sure they'll try but ultimately I think he'll go to a team that just wants to "make a splash" and prove they're a contender. He's a Philly next year. They started out hot and then totally collapsed. Their SS's of the future (Crawford and Kingery) proved to be totally underwhelming and they haven't shied away from "win now" type moves like the Arrieta and Santana signings. I think they practically give Santana away, paying most of his contract but still saving some money (or maybe throw Crawford in if someone takes the whole thing), move Hoskins to 1B, and sign Machado to his megadeal.

Archived