Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask me about Schoop in 2 weeks (well, maybe tomorrow depending on DH options vs. the Red Sox). Or at least discuss his future in the Transactions Forum.

Tonight, Schoop might send us to the World Series.

I've been a Schoop defender since the trade, thinking he'd get hot once he got comfortable. He performance in Game 4 turned me, though. He managed to stack 5 of probably the top 15 worst at-bats this team has taken in this series in that one game. Chasing, constantly behind in the count, just complete guessing up there with no patience. If a guy can't put together a solid AB in that kind of spot, he doesn't have a place on this team.

I have no doubt another team will give him an opportunity, and he'll likely play well again. Quite possibly even very well. His style of play and approach just isn't conducive to consistency, though, and this team has enough of those types already.

Ask me about Schoop in 2 weeks (well, maybe tomorrow depending on DH options vs. the Red Sox). Or at least discuss his future in the Transactions Forum.

Tonight, Schoop might send us to the World Series.

If he hits the walk off to win the game I might change my tune. My hope for the heroics is Travis though. He is due to hit another one out.

Just saw the Fox pregame crew with a blurb about tonight's game 7. Arod says Milwaukee already won by getting this far while LA was expected to win since spring training. Well guys we all know you prefer the Dodgers, except maybe Frank Thomas, but no matter the payroll or how big the market is the Brewers deserve to be here and to go farther.

I think this Fox crew sucks.

MLB network does far better research, in depth analysis, seemingly is less biased, and takes a little pride in their delivery of information. Other than their lead guy last night making a case to start Hader, they have hit the proverbial home run in their coverage of the Crew that I have seen anyway.

There are better options than LeMahieu to bridge the gap to Hiura, but that's for another day. Today is about having a good plan going in against Walker Buehler and executing it. Go Brewers.

It's 5 hours to game time. I think this conversation is fine.

I'd be interested in hearing who the other 2B options are out there that people like better. All I care about is staying away from the low OBP, high K guys. I'd prefer a right-handed or switch-hitting batter, too.

There are better options than LeMahieu to bridge the gap to Hiura, but that's for another day. Today is about having a good plan going in against Walker Buehler and executing it. Go Brewers.

It's 5 hours to game time. I think this conversation is fine.

I'd be interested in hearing who the other 2B options are out there that people like better. All I care about is staying away from the low OBP, high K guys. I'd prefer a right-handed or switch-hitting batter, too.

I have another hour before I need to get mentally ready for tonight.

Buehler doesn't offer much in his splits to try and exploit. Statistically, the Brewers should be taking the first pitch, RHB should be staying back, thinking up the middle or opposite field, LHB should be trying to pull, all batters should be trying to elevate, and we should hope Barnes gets the nod at catcher.

It is going to be crucial to play a clean game tonight. Not just avoiding errors, but not letting the Dodgers take an extra base on a hustle play by a batter that turns a single into a double because we didn’t go full out to track a ball down. Making the proper throws to cut off men and to the proper base. Base running has to be clean tonight. Runs may be scarce to come by tonight. Those kinds of mistakes are magnified in these games. The pitching will be handled well by the coaches, the position players have to keep a similar approach as last night - looking to put the ball in play going oppo at times. And the Crowd, get in it and stay in it. Lots of great comments last night about the 10th man. Go Crew!

Obviously I want the Brewers to win 10-0, but there is part of me, even if it takes a year off of my life, that would love to see a walk-off homer.

This...I have debating this internally since last night...do i want a comfortable, game in hand from early on type game, or do I want a drama filled walk off in the bottom of the 9th?? Obviously, the "on cruise control" option would be much better for nerves etc, but it also takes a lot of the "rush" and drama out of it like a walk off would..Obviously the down side to a close game late is they may end up NOT winning, but a 4-5 run lead early will feel like it's over(though obviously anything can happen) before it even starts and thought they will be going to the WS and that in itself is a rush, there is something to be said for getting there in a dramatic fashion. I think if someone could guarantee me a win in extra innings, or a walk off in the bottom of the 9th, I'd much rather have it that way just for the incredible rush of it. Just win the game.

Work tomorrow is going to suck regardless. I get up at 3am. Either I’ll be powering through the fatigue on pure adrenaline or I’ll be in a season ending funk. Hopefully it’s the adrenaline rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Just saw the Fox pregame crew with a blurb about tonight's game 7. Arod says Milwaukee already won by getting this far while LA was expected to win since spring training. Well guys we all know you prefer the Dodgers, except maybe Frank Thomas, but no matter the payroll or how big the market is the Brewers deserve to be here and to go farther.

I think this Fox crew sucks.

I'm not super concerned about what that group thinks. I don't think they honestly care who wins. To be fair, the Dodges were pretty much the team to beat coming out of spring training. I wouldn't go so far as to say the Brewers already won by getting this far, but I can see how maybe some non-Brewers fans would say that. I thought they had good things to say about the Brewers last night and the energy in the stadium. The Kratz interview was good as well.

Win tonight, and they'll have no choice but to talk about them. It won't stop you know, even with a WS trip. Then we'll here about how great Boston is (which they are).

It's time... 36 years in the making. Not that I don't think hearing about the 82 team is great and all but it's time to put a new team into Brewers lore!

Bottom 9th. Brewers down 1. Jansen on the mound. Kratz singles, Arcia K's...Schoop PH's and hits a walk off 2 run shot. Forever going down in Brewer lore.

His baby face will also forever be on the DVD cover.

That'd be great!! I'd make him the first PH for a pitcher tonight. Hopefully, there'd be a couple runners on. Be a great story for the guy to come through when the home town fans counted him out just like most of the baseball community has counted the Brewers out.

I dont care if we win in a walk off, but i hope its a from tied walk off and not a come from behind walk off. Gotta think of my heary here.

[sarcasm]Its a good thing we had all those must win games in the regular season to prepare us for these last 2 games.[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I'm feeling really good about tonight's game and for some reason really feeling a Braun homer.

I think we saw last night how valuable a walk can be. Everyone wants to talk about the RBI double but it was huge to just take a walk on 4 pitches in his first plate appearance. If they're pitching around you, don't force the issue. Don't chase. Then they couldn't dance around Aguilar as much, and Aguilar broke out of his slump in the next at-bat. It may not have been a simple cause-and-effect case there, and it may be that Ryu was going to give up a lot of runs anyway, but in general that's a big part of why OBP is so important, even if hits get all the highlights. It raises pitch counts and it gives someone else a better chance of being the hero.

So you can root for a HR and we'll all be happy if he hits one, but I'll be ecstatic with a 1-3 with a single, 2 walks, and 2 runs.

Archived