Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
In the end the acquisition of Schoop not panning out was a killer. If the guy just did what he did before he came all of the issues with lefties may be softened. It really was a killer.

Schoop panned out enough with that slam off Baumgartner.

There is also 2019 - the Crew still has a year of control.

I don't think they pay that guy $10 million. I loved the HR off of MadBum, but that isn't enough to pay the guy $10 million, and hand him the starting 2B job on a title contender. He was downright terrible.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We kind of overrate Moose. He's been an enormous letdown in the playoffs.

Offensively, most of our guys were letdowns in the playoffs generally speaking.

It's deflating.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I’ve loved talking Brewers with you guys this year, everyone. Hell of a season on the field, and at brewerfan.net. I think I’ll be taking some time away from the game, but look forward to some hot stove talk in a while. Thanks for the stimulating conversations. Keep the faith.

We kind of overrate Moose. He's been an enormous letdown in the playoffs.

He did win Game 1 of the NLDS for the Crew...

That was an awful pitch by Ottavino, but yeah he did. However the overall body of work hasn't been impressive. He doesn't get on base, and his power since coming here wasn't all that much to write home about.

One game at home to get to the World Series for the first time since 1982. What does the offense do?

1 run scored. 7 hits. No walks. 14 strikeouts.

Pathetic. Sorry, just pathetic.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm sad. I'm not as mad as I thought I'd be.

I'm mad enough for the both of us.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Thanks for a helluva season, Brewers, and to the Brewerfan.net community. It's been enjoyable hanging around here after reading/lurking around this board for ages, finally signing up a few years ago, to posting a lot more this last year.

It's been a fun ride, and I have high expectations for next year. I expect to see some fresh, young faces as starting pitchers, and I hope the Brewers can have an offseason like the last one and really make this team World Series caliber for a while. No more going several seasons between playoff appearances. Milwaukee deserves a winner, and I think the right people are on board to make that happen. Also, I really hope Jimmy can come back healthy and pitch as he pitched before that freak injury.

Thanks again for an amazing season! Now I want more!

One game at home to get to the World Series for the first time since 1982. What does the offense do?

1 run scored. 7 hits. No walks. 14 strikeouts.

Pathetic. Sorry, just pathetic.

No walks. Wow. All the pressure on a rookie starter and they never even made him sweat.

Don't blame Jeffress. The game was over as soon as Bellinger went yard in the 2nd. It's the offense.

Yep ... 2-1 or 5-1, doesn't matter. You can't generate offense, you lose. The pitching carried this team this far. The offense choked in this series.

2-1 is completely different than 5-1. Yeah they didn’t score any more but once Puig hit that ball out all the air is gone

We can be optimistic about how this is the start of the window blah blah blah, but I bet we get MAYBE one more solid NLCS shot with this bunch. Not trying to be negative, but we are a small market and can’t sustain this every single year...it’s hard. We don’t have the money to fix every years holes. Even when we do get to the postseason we won’t always be hot and do great.

10 years from now this probably still stings a lot.

Thanks for a helluva season, Brewers, and to the Brewerfan.net community. It's been enjoyable hanging around here after reading/lurking around this board for ages, finally signing up a few years ago, to posting a lot more this last year.

It's been a fun ride, and I have high expectations for next year. I expect to see some fresh, young faces as starting pitchers, and I hope the Brewers can have an offseason like the last one and really make this team World Series caliber for a while. No more going several seasons between playoff appearances. Milwaukee deserves a winner, and I think the right people are on board to make that happen. Also, I really hope Jimmy can come back healthy and pitch as he pitched before that freak injury.

Thanks again for an amazing season! Now I want more!

Agreed! Great year, Brewers! Don't get too down!

Don't blame Jeffress. The game was over as soon as Bellinger went yard in the 2nd. It's the offense.

Yep ... 2-1 or 5-1, doesn't matter. You can't generate offense, you lose. The pitching carried this team this far. The offense choked in this series.

Needed just a hit several times in this series and just couldn’t get it. Thinking back on the series, Game 4 is the one that’s going to be the game that will stick out as major example of how the offense was what lost the NLCS for the Brewers.

And with this loss, October 20 remains a day that lives in Milwaukee Brewers infamy.

That's it. I am still happy they made it this far. Now I wait to see what David does over the winter with the roster.

It's been a fun ride on this board during this season and the playoffs. I'm glad we have it.

I can blame Jeffress. 2-1, the Brewers still feel like they have a fighting chance, and the crowd is still in it. 5-1, the crowd is silenced, the air is sucked out of Miller Park, and the team is dejected.

There's a world of difference between being one swing of the bat from tying it up, and needing a grand slam to tie it (because we really suck at small ball, for the most part). Jeffress serving up a gopher pitch to Puig was the knife in the back. And he's done it time and time again.

If I'm a Brewer player, I don't know if I can look the guy in the eye in the lockerroom. Hes put them behind the 8-ball too much.

Archived