Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to believe championships can be won in Milwaukee. I want to believe you don’t have to spend 200 million, or tank for three seasons, or do both (Cubs, Astro’s!) to be a great team. It feels like I’ve dreamed a dream.

Well, the Royals did it. I think if the only thing that makes being a Brewer fan worth it is a World Series, then baseball will be an unsatisfying pursuit.

This is a really good point. Enjoy when they do this well, because it won't happen consistently. This is the furthest they've made it in my lifetime and I've loved it.

It's hard. So incredibly hard to appreciate seasons that end in losses. I don't pretend to have it figured out. But I am going to keep trying. A team like us has to be so smart and so lucky that I almost draw more joy from winning the division than the randomness of the playoffs.

2 pitches. We going to get beat on 2 pitches if this holds serve. #HeartBroken

That's usually about how it goes though in baseball.

that's what happens when you score 1 run...looking at it from the offensive side, they've gotten beat by a ton of pitches

Yep ... 5-1, 2-1 ... end result is the same. Don't score runs, you lose. This offense went into hibernation after Yelich's solo shot in the 1st.

It’s kind of cool to see Kershaw get the 9th.

ummmmmm, why?

Because he’s s generational pitcher and in a terrible moment (possibly) for the brewers, it’s nice to see him get his moment on the mound.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s kind of cool to see Kershaw get the 9th.

ummmmmm, why?

Because he’s s generational pitcher and in a terrible moment (possibly) for the brewers, it’s nice to see him get his moment on the mound.

Bah...I'm just going to disagree and be done with it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

In the end the acquisition of Schoop not panning out was a killer. If the guy just did what he did before he came all of the issues with lefties may be softened. It really was a killer.

Yes, it made them very vulnerable against good lefties. That's going to be Job #1 to fix this offseason.

4 strikeouts from Zeus. Not the kind of thunderbolt I was hoping for.

Well, now we get to watch the Dodgers celebrate in Miller Park. So we've got that going for us.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

In the end the acquisition of Schoop not panning out was a killer. If the guy just did what he did before he came all of the issues with lefties may be softened. It really was a killer.

Schoop panned out enough with that slam off Baumgartner.

There is also 2019 - the Crew still has a year of control.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes, it made them very vulnerable against good lefties. That's going to be Job #1 to fix this offseason.

Remember when everyone was clamoring for more lefties?

Archived