Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black

Guys and girls it’s been fun this year going through this ride with y’all. Who thought , beginning of September we would be here?

But once you taste it you want it more and we laid some bad eggs this series. Mainly JJ and the offense with runners in scoring position.

Arcia looked good.

Our young arms were amazing. Truly amazing. What they did to a FANTASTIC 12-13 deep offense , was breathtaking!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game got out of whack as soon as Chacin didn't come out with his best stuff.

Hard to blame Chacin, though, I suppose. He's a great #3-4 pitcher in a rotation. He isn't the stopper the Brewers have forced him to be this year because they didn't have anything better. I think that changes next year.

Sox are my third favorite team behind Pittsburgh and the Brewers. So, I'll have a reason to watch the Series, though my affinity for the team has a great deal more to do with the team's history (Williams, Yaz, Bobby Doerr, Johnny Pesky) than it does with the current team.

I'm hoping they destroy the Dodgers, and should Puig and/or Machado get beaned by a fastball in someplace uncomfortable, I won't shed a tear. I hate being that guy, but I hate seeing hothead scumbags succeed.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Dodgers may have already had the lead, but Puig delivering such a decisive blow was a real punch in the gut. And not to make any excuses for Jeffress, I'd really like to know if Stearns regrets having Cedeno on the roster instead of Jennings. That seemed to be a questionable roster decision at the time and looks really bad now.

It has probably been mentioned in the IGT earlier but I don't understand what Jeffress or Cedeno have shown in the last 2-3 weeks to make you think that is who you go with in the high leverage situation of a Game 7!

If the logic of the game is to use Hader in the 3rd, then the next pitchers in have to be Knebel & Woodruff after that. I put this squarely on Counsell for messing up this game. You can argue all you want that the Brewers only got 1 run so it doesn't matter, but the reality is that a 2-1 game puts a lot more pressure on the Dodgers than a 5-1 game.

Counsell ended up getting only one inning from Knebel in a Game 7. That is unexcuseable.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I wish we'd brought in Woodruff instead of JJ.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm glad we didn't throw at Puig. It would have just appeared to be petty and really a sign of being sore losers, and we're better than that. He beat us. That's that. That's not the last impression you want to leave on everyone in your last moment of the season.

At the moment Puig's homerun is meaningless anyway as we have not put up a 2nd run in this game.

Didn’t help that our offense went cold tonight,but this is a wet dream for the MLB and Fox. #1 payroll versus #3 payroll. Only thing I would have changed is used Woody instead of JJ. Oh well. Sorry for my comments earlier. Invested too much in this emotionally obviously. Maybe I’ll see some of y’all at Brewers On Deck or in Maryvale next spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I want to believe championships can be won in Milwaukee. I want to believe you don’t have to spend 200 million, or tank for three seasons, or do both (Cubs, Astro’s!) to be a great team. It feels like I’ve dreamed a dream.

Well, the Royals did it. I think if the only thing that makes being a Brewer fan worth it is a World Series, then baseball will be an unsatisfying pursuit.

...I'd really like to know if Stearns regrets having Cedeno on the roster instead of Jennings. That seemed to be a questionable roster decision at the time and looks really bad now.

What's the difference, both guys had a hard time doing their one job, getting a lefty out. It was a flip of the coin which one to bring, I hope both are gone next year.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived