Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
My interest level in the World Series will be just about zero. I hope the Red Sox win, but I'm not invested in it at all. Seeing a massive battle of the ginormous payrolls for the 2 teams who proved you can buy a pennant doesn't sound very exciting to me.

MY INTEREST LEVEL WILL BE 987%. WE GOT THIS. LET'S GO!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if I've been snippy guys. I'm just so frustrated. Been waiting so long, and to have one game, at home, to go to the Series, and put up this kind of offensive (and I don't mean hitting) performance is just....there are no words. I know I'm not alone. I just wanted to believe that for one night this team could surprise me, and rise to the occasion.

There will be plenty of time for, "the future is bright" and, "we're ahead of schedule" talk. Right now, I just want to punch something.

Same. This is group therapy. We are all pissed and disheartened. Saves us on BP medication and shrink bills

How long until Hiura is ready? I don't think he's up next year, is he?

Not with what he has shown thus far. I’d say still half a year away minimum.

That's all that matters. Can't act like Hiura vs whomever they play at 2b is the difference between Brewers making a postseason or not. If he's available for the postseason, the offense is better for these important games. It'd be a far better acquisition than Scope was.

That doesn't change the fact that the guy is a Class A prick.

Edit ... I quoted the wrong one. This was about Machado and not booing him anymore.

We are probably not playing in the NLCS if we don't have Hader in the role he's in. It's just too important of a role.

Its not just about the innings pitched, it's about the leverage, and analytics bear that out.

Nelson

Chacin

Burnes

Woodruff

Hader

I guess...but Hader has his bullpen success off just throwing heaters constantly. I really don’t know if he can actually pitch well enough to be a 6+ inning guy. He just overpowers guys who see him once. Seems risky to have three unproven guys and one coming off major injury in your rotation at once.

His value coming in when sorely needed it’s so valuable it is hard to quantify. He literally makes a starter level impact in less than half that time.

We are probably not playing in the NLCS if we don't have Hader in the role he's in. It's just too important of a role.

Its not just about the innings pitched, it's about the leverage, and analytics bear that out.

Definitely.

Hader isn’t going to be a starter. He’s incredible in the role he is in. Silly to even mention it when we have plenty of starter options next year.

My interest level in the World Series will be just about zero. I hope the Red Sox win, but I'm not invested in it at all. Seeing a massive battle of the ginormous payrolls for the 2 teams who proved you can buy a pennant doesn't sound very exciting to me.

Red Sox in 4 baby

The psychology edge went to Dodgers after Hader left and they still had the lead. They knew they were going to score again off of who was left. Offense just not enough quality abs going back to game 4. It cost them. Spring training should be nothing but get em over get em in. You can't do it sit.

Y’all can stop booing Machado. He whooped us multiple times this series and is on his way to the WS while we go home to our couch. Just looks silly now.

Might be the only thing you and I agree on tonight. It just needs to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Y’all can stop booing Machado. He whooped us multiple times this series and is on his way to the WS while we go home to our couch. Just looks silly now.

Might be the only thing you and I agree on tonight. It just needs to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The game is over, I think we can agree there too.

After seeing the Dodgers type of players I will be a Red Sox fan.

You don’t realize how subhuman these guys are until you see them day after day. I’m ashamed I ever wanted Machado. I feel like I need a shower for ever suggesting we trade for him.

It’s a lesson that raw stats don’t make the man.

What a dud game for Braun today in the biggest game of his life.

I was hoping they could at least scratch across a run or two here and make things interesting for the 9th. Nope. They're just done.

I'd be fine with moving on from Coles. I just can't see what value he brings.

Welp, it took until game 7 for the Brewers to look like they didn't belong in this series...guess there's much worse fates, but man that sinking feeling is disappointing.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how much fun it would've been to see them go against Sale 2-3 times in the World Series, either.

The Brewers bats go down not with a bang, but with a whimper.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived