Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 3 year old son, who should be asleep by now but is fighting it, saw I was upset and came up and hugged me and said "I love you daddy." Then I smiled at him and for me at least I'm having a lot easier time putting things in perspective now.

My 8 year old just came in with a box of LEGO’s and said sorry daddy let’s build something. You’re right about perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

If they shift on you, try a bunt. Just get on base any way possible.

Probably the most depressing part of the series. I get that we don’t have great hitting. What I don’t get is our mediocre hitters can’t even bunt when they shift in a must win game.

It is something the team will have to work on.

The good news is that it will be quite easy to keep this team together for 2019. This experience will make this Brewers team better through the rest of the 2019-2021 window.

You’re telling me a solo HR in the first by Yelich is the only offense this team is going to put up tonight in a game like this? Really? Kudos to guys like Aguilar for not showing up tonight

You mean the guy that got them here last night. Trying to figure out why Aguilar is being pilled on. Honestly, Bueler was the man. Suprised he handled it so well. He's got some nasty stuff and wasn't phased.

They just need to put that Jeffress was on the mound for 7 of the Dodgers 16 total runs scored in this series. Harp on the bullpen, but it is one guy that hurt them only. Well, Soria didn't help but it's not like he faced a lot of batters in this series to have that, "Seeing them so often" call.

You’re telling me a solo HR in the first by Yelich is the only offense this team is going to put up tonight in a game like this? Really? Kudos to guys like Aguilar for not showing up tonight

Plate discipline kills this team. Instead of showing patience, the Brewers go up there hacking, making the job of the opposing pitcher infinitely easier. We haven't drawn a single walk tonight.

I know I'm probably not thinking as clearly as I normally would. I'm just tired of always being let down by the Brewers. I feel like Pop Fischer. I didn't need to win the Series. The pennant would have been enough, just to say that we were the best in the NL. A Series win would have been very tough against the Sox, but I'd have enjoyed just being there with the eyes of the baseball world watching us.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Let's not forget that Coles needs to go before we invest $100 million and trade half the farm to reform our lineup again.

Love the pitching for next year. The offense is going to be brutal. Have to figure no Moose and no Schoop (such as that is).

Yep ... need to solve the 2B hole again. And it can't be another free swinger. The need a guy that cares about OBP. Maybe Hiura is that guy at some point, but that point is more than likely not in April.

How long until Hiura is ready? I don't think he's up next year, is he?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Figure we got one more shot to make it interesting in the 8th - if they can get through this 1/2 inning at 5-1, top of the order coming up with Jansen trying to still get 6 outs.

Well, he’ll be trying to get 6 outs. Baez and Kershaw are some darn good fallback options for Roberts. It isn’t impossible, but man, the road is steep.

Archived