Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
And I’ll find comfort in due time in the fact that they should be even better next year and this is by no means a 1 year window for a championship closing. But if they lose this will hurt like a MFer for a while

One would hope so. The thought about next years rotation is really exciting, but in doing so they will severely hurt the incredible bullpen that got them here and gave them so much success in the postseason.

I think that is something a lot of people don’t realize. No Burnes, Peralta, Woodruff, etc. super pen. That is what took us from meh to woah.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s too bad that a team like the classless Dodgers have the lucky things that happen to them. That unreal catch. When Puigs homer hit the yellow line bounced over a small part of me died. He’s a classless *****

YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN'T WAIT FOR? THE BREWERS SCORING 9 MORE RUNS IN THE NEXT THREE INNINGS AND GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

My 3 year old son, who should be asleep by now but is fighting it, saw I was upset and came up and hugged me and said "I love you daddy." Then I smiled at him and for me at least I'm having a lot easier time putting things in perspective now.

Sucks this team couldn’t actually give us a season to remember. Instead basically just another 2011 where it’s a fond memory in the back of your head. Bummer, huge bummer.

I hope you are right and this isn't a big season to remember. The only way that happens if if this team makes multiple playoff appearances and World Series appearances in the next 5-6 years.

If that doesn't happen, I sure as heck am going to remember this as a great season regardless of what happens tonight. This season has been the most fun I've even had watching this team.

Winning the division in Game 163 on that great run was pretty awesome. But I don’t care how great the ride was, losing in the NLCS is just not something to celebrate 10 even 5 years down the road. Yeah you will remember it, but surely not that much. I mean no one even mentions the 2011 team these days unless it was about how it has almost been a decade since we did anything.

Man, I will just remember it because it was so fun. That's it. I didn't have nearly as much fun in 2011, for example. Part of me just had more trouble rooting for that team, what with Roenicke at the helm and some bad defense and the stars-and-scrubs formula and a higher payroll than this one, with a farm that had been decimated and most of the best players near the end of their primes.

Sucks this team couldn’t actually give us a season to remember. Instead basically just another 2011 where it’s a fond memory in the back of your head. Bummer, huge bummer.

I disagree. That 2011 team was coming to and end. This is just starting. The postmortems will come in time after we get past this but there is, at minimum, a glimmer of a hopeful future. I want all of you to remember this post next time you want to call me a pessimist.

The thing is ....you just never know how long it will take to get back. You just never know. It doesn't matter what the future looks like, so many things have to go right as a small market to even be in this game.

We might be talking about a game 7 NLCS next year, or in 20 years. Yelich may be long gone before we even play in an NLCS again.

I've been thinking this for the past couple weeks, and I've wanted to say this for a while but my emotions have been all over the place during that time and just wanted to wait until after the season was over. Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one, and this may be the last best chance this team gets in a while. When you're a small market team the window of opportunity is much smaller than it is for the Dodgers and Yankees of the world.

My 3 year old son, who should be asleep by now but is fighting it, saw I was upset and came up and hugged me and said "I love you daddy." Then I smiled at him and for me at least I'm having a lot easier time putting things in perspective now.

Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened! <3

I don't ever want to see Jeremy Jeffress in a Milwaukee Brewers uniform again. Period. Because his being on the roster tempts Craig Counsell into using him, and we cannot rely on him. Ever. All those who have defended him...only a Brewers offensive rally in game one of the NLDS kept him from blowing three post season games for us.

6 earned runs charged to him in 8 post season innings pitched. A 6.75 ERA. That's God awful.

As soon as they brought him in, I knew what was going to happen.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened! <3

Salt the earth with their remains.

And I’ll find comfort in due time in the fact that they should be even better next year and this is by no means a 1 year window for a championship closing. But if they lose this will hurt like a MFer for a while

One would hope so. The thought about next years rotation is really exciting, but in doing so they will severely hurt the incredible bullpen that got them here and gave them so much success in the postseason.

I think that is something a lot of people don’t realize. No Burnes, Peralta, Woodruff, etc. super pen. That is what took us from meh to woah.

So you find more guys to fill in. Jordan Lyles looked great in limited pen opportunities in September. Maybe he's a guy that flourishes in the pen. Adrian Houser brings very similar style and stuff to what Woodruff brings. Zach Brown will be knocking at the door, and has put up very similar numbers to what Burnes has done. Guerra has looked great in relief. Also, you have your three horses - Knebel, Hader and Jeffress - locked in for next year. Plus there is just too many starting pitching options for the spots available. There it going to be a ton of talent available next year on this pitching staff.

Dude. My 8th month old girl was laying on the floor. When Bellinger hit his HR I yelled. She looked up at me frightened. I haven’t said a word out loud since. The look on her face was enough to snap me out of it.

I don't ever want to see Jeremy Jeffress in a Milwaukee Brewers uniform again. Period. Because his being on the roster tempts Craig Counsell into using him, and we cannot rely on him. Ever. All those who have defended him...only a Brewers offensive rally in game one of the NLDS kept him from blowing three post season games for us.

6 earned runs charged to him in 8 post season innings pitched. A 6.75 ERA. That's God awful.

As soon as they brought him in, I knew what was going to happen.

Wow, of all the hot takes, this one is scorching.

Guess we still can't say game over here so I'll go post it on Twitter where you can say what you want.

Maybe that is where you should do all your posting.

Just a thought...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived