Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sucks this team couldn’t actually give us a season to remember. Instead basically just another 2011 where it’s a fond memory in the back of your head. Bummer, huge bummer.

I hope you are right and this isn't a big season to remember. The only way that happens if if this team makes multiple playoff appearances and World Series appearances in the next 5-6 years.

If that doesn't happen, I sure as heck am going to remember this as a great season regardless of what happens tonight. This season has been the most fun I've even had watching this team.

Well said. It’s hard to think about now, but you’re right. Best season I’ve ever seen.

And I don’t care if cedeno gives up all grounders - he puts runners on... all the dang time. Why was he even a possibility tonight.

Again, LHB's had an OPS under .600 against him this year. That's literally better than Hader's OPS against RHB's.

You also have to take in account recent trends as well.

But he's a LOOGY, so recent trends for a month are less than what a starter sees in a day. A few ground ball hits skews those numbers to the extreme.

Sucks this team couldn’t actually give us a season to remember. Instead basically just another 2011 where it’s a fond memory in the back of your head. Bummer, huge bummer.

I disagree. That 2011 team was coming to and end. This is just starting. The postmortems will come in time after we get past this but there is, at minimum, a glimmer of a hopeful future. I want all of you to remember this post next time you want to call me a pessimist.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Man you can’t reach this point and lose and then tell people that they should be happy they made it this far, that’s a Packers fan mentality. You need to win the World Series. No consolation prizes or no “well we made it this far” I don’t care how overmatched this team was on paper, they should’ve won this series and (probably) blew it.

Nine outs to go. Let’s put a scare into them. Either way guys, don’t be babied about this. The dodgers are a heck of a team. This is a great season. These guys are giving it everything they have. Sometimes baseball just doesn’t go your way.

Perspective is a beautiful thing!

Wouldn’t mind not seeing Aguilar on the team next year if they can trade him while his value might be high, few players I’ve watched are more frustrating at the plate

If there was a candidate on this team for someone to fall back to earth, it was definitely him. There was a reason he couldn't find his way on the field in Cleveland. JJ can go too. He pitched this series like he pitched in the AL. Don't know if he can come back from this.

And I don’t care if cedeno gives up all grounders - he puts runners on... all the dang time. Why was he even a possibility tonight.

Again, LHB's had an OPS under .600 against him this year. That's literally better than Hader's OPS against RHB's.

Not concerned with SLG or the S component of OPS in a LOOGY. Do you get the guy out or no?

Honestly, if this is the end of the line, this was more fun than 2011 for me. Maybe because it feels like the beginning more than the end. Plus, champagne celebrations in Chicago and St. louis is like basically a pennant for me. Anyway, it's close.

And, hey, still time!

This. And if we do end up losing it wasn't to a division rival with a turd for a manager and even bigger turds on the roster.

Wouldn’t mind not seeing Aguilar on the team next year if they can trade him while his value might be high, few players I’ve watched are more frustrating at the plate

He's older and plays a less valuable defensive position than Santana, and they couldn't find a buyer for him last year. Maybe he's thrown in on a package deal, but I don't think you are going to see any major value for him alone.

I hope you are right and this isn't a big season to remember. The only way that happens if if this team makes multiple playoff appearances and World Series appearances in the next 5-6 years.

If that doesn't happen, I sure as heck am going to remember this as a great season regardless of what happens tonight. This season has been the most fun I've even had watching this team.

Winning the division in Game 163 on that great run was pretty awesome. But I don’t care how great the ride was, losing in the NLCS is just not something to celebrate 10 even 5 years down the road. Yeah you will remember it, but surely not that much. I mean no one even mentions the 2011 team these days unless it was about how it has almost been a decade since we did anything.

Sometimes baseball just doesn’t go your way.

True, but a lot of time in our lifetime baseball hasn't gone our way. It's truly heart breaking. There's soon many extra games to get to this point. Next year isn't given to anyone. Really needed to take advantage of a home game 7.

And I’ll find comfort in due time in the fact that they should be even better next year and this is by no means a 1 year window for a championship closing. But if they lose this will hurt like a MFer for a while

I disagree. That 2011 team was coming to and end. This is just starting. The postmortems will come in time after we get past this but there is, at minimum, a glimmer of a hopeful future. I want all of you to remember this post next time you want to call me a pessimist.

The thing is ....you just never know how long it will take to get back. You just never know. It doesn't matter what the future looks like, so many things have to go right as a small market to even be in this game.

We might be talking about a game 7 NLCS next year, or in 20 years. Yelich may be long gone before we even play in an NLCS again.

Silver lining,in a few more outs I won’t have to listen to that god awful Gina Della from Pella radio commercial anymore,or Wayne Larrive saying “and there is your dagger” when talking about meth. Shrug. That’s just an odd commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I've never been a big Aguilar guy at all and I bit my tongue a lot during his hot streak, but you have to be realistic. He's going to get another chance to prove himself and he deserves it. I think the lesson here is a lot of maintenance and rest and a rigorous off season conditioning program, because he hit the wall months ago. Still pushes a few over the wall thanks to raw strength and keeps his numbers from sinking too low, but any mediocre 1B should be able to do that. If you soft-platoon Aguilar and Thames enough, maybe you can keep them both sharp and finally get a full season of solid production from 1B.

Sometimes baseball just doesn’t go your way.

True, but a lot of time in our lifetime baseball hasn't gone our way. It's truly heart breaking. There's soon many extra games to get to this point. Next year isn't given to anyone. Really needed to take advantage of a home game 7.

In our lifetime we haven’t been very good. Not going to hold that against this group of players who have been absolutely awesome to follow and watch. Like other posters have said, this is the beginning. Not the end.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived