Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
Another ground ball hit against Cedeno. Now everyone will keep saying he sucks and can't get lefties out. Dang.

Just looked but he's allowed at least 1 base runner in 9 of his last 11 outings. covering 3.2IP of outs. 11 baserunners in 11outs. He's been terrible, but not as terrible as Jeffress this series.

That's well within the limits of normal fluctuation in baseball. It's way too small of a sample to judge him on. I haven't counted all his ground ball hits, but I know there have been several. LHB's had a .574 OPS against him this year. They hit .570 against Jennings.

Drake and Boone were terrible, but it's not fair to transfer all that frustration to Jennings and Cedeno.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'd rather lose with the guys we've got than win with the likes of Machado and Puig on my favorite team. Not interested in gaining the whole world if it requires forfeiting the soul.

This! I hope the crowd stays and cheers on the Brewers until an hour after the game. These guys deserve it, whatever happens!

Yes, indeed!

Well, I'd rather lose with the guys we've got than win with the likes of Machado and Puig on my favorite team. Not interested in gaining the whole world if it requires forfeiting the soul.

This! I hope the crowd stays and cheers on the Brewers until an hour after the game. These guys deserve it, whatever happens!

[sarcasm]I thought we were supposed to boo them off the field?[/sarcasm]

I mean, you don't want Puig celebrating like that?? Get him out. It's that simple. Sorry, but it is.

I can’t hate on it at all. He hit the biggest HR of his life. Congrats to him. Moonwalk the bases for all I care. I’d have lost my mind too

Yes, indeed!

Perhaps, when all is said and done, Braun was our Faustian bargain?

If they shift on you, try a bunt. Just get on base any way possible.

Probably the most depressing part of the series. I get that we don’t have great hitting. What I don’t get is our mediocre hitters can’t even bunt when they shift in a must win game.

Wouldn’t mind not seeing Aguilar on the team next year if they can trade him while his value might be high, few players I’ve watched are more frustrating at the plate

Everyone else watches the same thing you watch. No team is giving up meaningful value for him.

And I don’t care if cedeno gives up all grounders - he puts runners on... all the dang time. Why was he even a possibility tonight.

Again, LHB's had an OPS under .600 against him this year. That's literally better than Hader's OPS against RHB's.

You also have to take in account recent trends as well.

Nine outs to go. Let’s put a scare into them. Either way guys, don’t be babied about this. The dodgers are a heck of a team. This is a great season. These guys are giving it everything they have. Sometimes baseball just doesn’t go your way.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sucks this team couldn’t actually give us a season to remember. Instead basically just another 2011 where it’s a fond memory in the back of your head. Bummer, huge bummer.

I hope you are right and this isn't a big season to remember. The only way that happens if if this team makes multiple playoff appearances and World Series appearances in the next 5-6 years.

If that doesn't happen, I sure as heck am going to remember this as a great season regardless of what happens tonight. This season has been the most fun I've even had watching this team.

Life has been sucked right out of the offense. I can probably stomach this for one more inning. Don't want to see the Dodgers celebrating on our field.

I’m unavoidably on the road tonight, so only listening by radio. I’m glad I won’t be tempted to watch the Dodgers have their moment in Miller. I’m sick just thinking about it.

Archived