Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a catcher I've been hoping to see get a little more PT who has a .667 OBP this series, but what do I know.

Exactly. What a waste.

I don't know what it is. I know Kratz is a great story and all, but Pina is just better from everything I've seen. Especially in the post-season, where he's had, what, a few starts? I don't get it either unless the pitchers are literally lining up to say that Kratz is the only one that can call a good game (and I don't think that's happening.)

Heck, in this day and age, it could be because of Piña’s swing path and pitching angles from the Dodgers starters. Who knows.

Yep I don't question starting Kratz. I'm sure there is a ton of data indicating he should be in there.

I do like Pina's bat, though, and wouldn't mind seeing him on a double switch soon.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well Hader did his job.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There's a catcher I've been hoping to see get a little more PT who has a .667 OBP this series, but what do I know.

Man. This is a mystery up there with big foot and lock ness. I will never understand why you choose to play a bad player in place of a decent one.

Probably has to do with how he handles the pitchers.

It’s like we haven’t covered this in numerous IGTs.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It’s like we haven’t covered this in numerous IGTs.

Hey what's one more! Might not have another IGT until April :)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived