Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't get "saving" the Pinch hitter thing. You use them once per game. The runs you score on the hits they hit count the same whether those runs score in the 2nd or 7th inning. What might not occur later in the game is an opportunity with multiple men on base.

If we get beat because of our offense only scoring one, inexcusable. If we battle and lose because their guys execute late, I'm good with that. None of this one run crap
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Getting Harder in early to keep it close but then batting Schoop with 2 on seems like a mixed message.

I think he's probably thinking there will be other bigger spots later in the game when he'd rather use Santana, Granderson etc..so he doesn't want to burn one of them this early and not have them available later in the game.

Yeah, but that's a HUGE spot right there. You can't guarantee there will be another big spot down the line. Maybe there is and Grandy is a hero and everyone goes home happy, but I think you have to play that inning like it's the 9th.

Listening on the radio, so I can’t see pitch location or speed. Hader not sharp tonight, or are they hitting good pitches?

Tends to be what happens when good hitters see the same pitcher 4-5 times in a series, no matter how unhittable they are

He's given up a single in 2 innings....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like it when the other teams hit into double plays
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Listening on the radio, so I can’t see pitch location or speed. Hader not sharp tonight, or are they hitting good pitches?

Tends to be what happens when good hitters see the same pitcher 4-5 times in a series, no matter how unhittable they are

Sounded like some were well-hit outs?

Just responding to why he hasn't struck 6 guys out so far...they are certainly putting balls in play

Crowd doesn’t seem as crazy tonight?

They're fine; just biding their time. Under the circumstances, you're not going to match the energy you get from going up 4-1 in the bottom of the first in an elimination game. That's too high of a bar.

It was extremely loud before the Dodgers took the lead

Archived