Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish we could have saved harder for a time when they would have had a chance of panicking and taking out their lefties.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This is so stupid...using Hader this early when you are behind..Roberts isn't going to PH, so what is the damn point. there are others that can hold the deficit. the crew probably only gets one more inning to make it happen against walker or it's game over..It will be Kershaw, Baez, Jansen

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So using your best bullpen pitcher early is an option, but the same doesn't apply to hitting so the worst bench bat is used with runners on. Not saying the philosophy is wrong, I just don't entirely follow.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think they should have used Granderson there. Who knows if he even gets a chance to face an RHP later anyway, and in such a great position to do some damage. They're only going to use him for one at-bat, and it would be hard to draw up a better situation.

I guess they're planning on so many pitching changes that they'll need all their PH's anyway, but I don't agree with that logic. You can't be sure the pitcher's spot will come up more than 3 times.

Can the Dodgers put muncy at third so he can throw some of those away. I remember him being pretty bad at third against us in the regular season.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived