Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-20 (NLCS Game #7): Dodgers (Buehler) at Brewers (Chacín) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1 -- 2018 Season Comes to a Close]

Eye Black

HJh6auD.jpg

HJh6pD9.jpg

[pre]Dodgers Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Joc Pederson (L) LF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Max Muncy (L) 1B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Justin Turner ® 3B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Manny Machado ® SS 4. Travis Shaw (L) 2B

5. Cody Bellinger (L) CF 5. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

6. Yasiel Puig ® RF 6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

7. Chris Taylor ® 2B 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Austin Barnes ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Walker Buehler ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on FS1

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think Kershaw will be available out of the bullpen tonight?

Has to be, right?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Do you think Kershaw will be available out of the bullpen tonight?

Kershaw on short rest in the postseason has pretty much been a case study in why not to push starters...I think he has fared a bit better on short rest in a relief role, but honestly way too much focus is being put on the fact he might pitch in game 7. All of the dodger pen horses should be used before Kershaw sees the mound. He's the big name, but he didn't get out of the 4th in milwaukee during game 1, and his solid game 5 start was likely aided by the shadows in LA.

I've said it before, if Kershaw gets in this game it's great for milwaukee, because the dodgers will be desperate.

Community Moderator
Anybody else "sleep" like absolute crap last night? #BrainWouldntShutOff

Eventually fell asleep around 2:30 :laughing

Today's the day we've been waiting for, no matter what happens it's going to be a memorable night. Going to cheer like the World Series is on the line.

But first, off to Madison for the Badgers game.

Anybody else "sleep" like absolute crap last night? #BrainWouldntShutOff

Eventually fell asleep around 2:30 :laughing

Today's the day we've been waiting for, no matter what happens it's going to be a memorable night. Going to cheer like the World Series is on the line.

But first, off to Madison for the Badgers game.

Me too: game 6, Badger, Game 7 all in roughly 24 hours. heck of a weekend for sports nerds, especially if we come out 3-0

What is the strategy tonight? Hader first guy out of pen for 3 innings? Or give him 8 & 9? This assumes Chacin gives you a solid start.

I don't like saving him until the end. If you do that, you don't even know if you're going to have the type of high-leverage situation that makes him so valuable in the first place. Bring him for the first high-leverage situation with a dangerous LHB at the plate. Most likely that will be a middle inning after Chacin allows a base-runner or two, but I wouldn't hesitate to bring him in a little earlier if Chacin struggles at all.

Another advantage of using him early is forcing LAD to make a difficult choice. Do you PH for an LHB in the 4th or 5th inning and then have too many RHB's for Knebel, JJ, Soria, et al later in the game? I've always thought using LHP's on a predictable schedule negates a lot of the match-up leverage they can give you, whether it be using them as starters or closers or any predictable role in between.

ETA: All depends on their lineup too, of course.

I fell into the rabbit hole of YouTube Brewer highlights from 2008, 2011, and 2018 and UW Basketball highlights from the Final 4. Just so excited for tonight. I just have that feeling that not only are they going to win that it isn't going to be stressful. 8-3 or something like that

I fell into the rabbit hole of YouTube Brewer highlights from 2008, 2011, and 2018 and UW Basketball highlights from the Final 4. Just so excited for tonight. I just have that feeling that not only are they going to win that it isn't going to be stressful. 8-3 or something like that

Man, I hope you're right. Get to Buehler early and make the Dodgers rely on their pen. Though I think I would still be stressed even 8-3. I was in Game 1.

With the pitching each team will be throwing today early runs and an early lead are the key. That’s what likely wins this game.

Never wanted a win this bad in my life outside the Rodgers Super Bowl. What it would mean for this organization can’t be put into words.

What is the strategy tonight? Hader first guy out of pen for 3 innings? Or give him 8 & 9? This assumes Chacin gives you a solid start.

I don't like saving him until the end. If you do that, you don't even know if you're going to have the type of high-leverage situation that makes him so valuable in the first place. Bring him for the first high-leverage situation with a dangerous LHB at the plate. Most likely that will be a middle inning after Chacin allows a base-runner or two, but I wouldn't hesitate to bring him in a little earlier if Chacin struggles at all.

Another advantage of using him early is forcing LAD to make a difficult choice. Do you PH for an LHB in the 4th or 5th inning and then have too many RHB's for Knebel, JJ, Soria, et al later in the game? I've always thought using LHP's on a predictable schedule negates a lot of the match-up leverage they can give you, whether it be using them as starters or closers or any predictable role in between.

ETA: All depends on their lineup too, of course.

Roberts can go this way:

Pederson L (If his wrist is intact)

Turner R

Muncy L

MM. R

Bellinger L

Taylor R

Puig R

Barnes R

P

Freese, Dozier, Kemp, Kike, and Grandal

They got to Kershaw last time he pitched in Miller Park. They'll do it again. It isn't like the Dodgers pen has been bad by any means. i think it would be a mistake for them to go to Kershaw.

That would make for great drama and I like our chances. I believe that Hill pitching last night was foreshadowing of Kershaw throwing those big benders tonight.

Archived