Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black
Game 7!!!

Burnes could totally get a few hitters if necessary tomorrow...

I mean the only reason he probably won't is that he's going to be far down the list of preferable options. But if we're in the 14th inning and we've used up everyone else he sure as hell is not unavailable, agreed.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they need to use Hader early tomorrow. In the last game of the series, no use waiting to use him and then the offense is trying to claw back a deficit.

Chacin 3.0 IP

Hader 3.0 IP

Woodruff 1.0-2.0 IP

Jeffress 1.0-2.0 IP

Knebel is on hand if things go poorly. (If he's rest enough of course you use Knebel early too.

I can't see Burnes pitching tomorrow.

And that's totally fine with me given everyone else's availability.

Sorta separate note - how much fun will spring training be next year knowing some of these guys are fighting for rotation spots?

Yeah, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I keep watching this team thinking about how...they really haven't sacrificed anything to get here. They have room to add payroll...quite a bit if they really want*cough*Corbin*cough.....and they still have guys on their way from the farm system.

I know signing Corbin could be risky, and a lot would depend on the FA market this year, but if Kershaw opts out, Machado and Harper taking precedent, I'm hoping we can maybe get him for 5/120 or so.

But even if they don't, Woody, Burnes, Peralta to go with a healthy Nelson, Chacin...I still think Anderson can bounce back, and who knows who is going to progress and become the next fast riser next year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Should not even consider anything but trotting Burnes out to finish this off.

I am getting greedy, but I would like the option of having Burnes (over Soria) for an inning tomorrow.

Absolutely....but is there any reason if he gets through the 9th clean, he can't go one tomorrow?

I also wonder about the availability of Woodruff. He's likely available to come in for an inning or two.....right?

Knebel and his rubber arm, Peralta, Hader, JJ....Burnes...I'm feeling good about the pen. We just need to hope that the young budding ace for the Dodgers lets us put a couple up on the board early...

Let's conservatively assume Chacin only goes 3. Hader is definitely good for 2, Jeffress for 2, Knebel for 1, Soria for 1. That's already 9 innings without even touching guys like Woodruff or Burnes or getting into really deep options like Peralta or Guerra or Davies or Cedeno. They're good. They could easily cover a long extra inning game tomorrow if they really need to.

But even if they don't, Woody, Burnes, Peralta to go with a healthy Nelson, Chacin...I still think Anderson can bounce back, and who knows who is going to progress and become the next fast riser next year.

Anderson, Davies, Thames, even Santana could all also be part of trade packages if they don't align in the rotation or lineup. They're all valuable players that just can't quite maximize their potential with us. A lot of teams may be willing to give us something of value for them. Get a utility player or bullpen arm, or replenish the farm.

I think it is common sense to think Chacin is going 3 max. Why would we bother having him face guys a second time when our bullpen is fully loaded and they all looked great tonight? We get 2 days rest before Game 1 on Tuesday. I’d be shocked if he went more than 4, absolutely shocked.

I think it is common sense to think Chacin is going 3 max. Why would we bother having him face guys a second time when our bullpen is fully loaded and they all looked great tonight? We get 2 days rest before Game 1 on Tuesday. I’d be shocked if he went more than 4, absolutely shocked.

I'll be shocked if he goes 4 to be honest.

I'm thinking 3 innings planned, then the bullpen takes over.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think they can let him go until he at least has a runner or two on base in the third or fourth, especially if it’s tied or we lead. Obviously, if he’s giving up runs, you yank him ASAP, but why put yourself in the position of throwing B or C bullpen guys unless we’re up 10 or in extras?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Please let me take my dad to the World bleeping Series. Redeye arriving Saturday 8AM, get some sleep, take my dad to Game 4, fly home (after a sweep?) Sunday AM.

I've never wanted to spend money more in my life.

I support this post.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The biggest "because baseball" note of this game - the two guys that many fans were calling for to get starts, Granderson and Santana, had what were possibly the two worst at-bats out of anyone tonight. And several of the guys that looked lost - Aguilar, Moose and Yelich - had several nice at bats.

I'll be shocked if he goes 4 to be honest.

I'm thinking 3 innings planned, then the bullpen takes over.

Chacin hasn't given up a run in three postseason starts...it's great that the pen is essentially all hands on deck and in good shape, but that doesn't mean they have to start burning through them immediately. I doubt Chacin sees the 6th, but if he's pitching well he's going to get more than 1 run through the Dodger order.

Archived