Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to get out to the Molitor Lot and fire up the grill one last time. Can't go tomorrow (if it happens), and likely won't be able to afford any resale WS tickets (if it happens). Going to give it all I've got tonight, and I expect the Brewers will be doing the same. LET'S GO

Not if EagleSteve has anything to say about it...

Can't wait to get out to the Molitor Lot and fire up the grill one last time. Can't go tomorrow (if it happens), and likely won't be able to afford any resale WS tickets (if it happens). Going to give it all I've got tonight, and I expect the Brewers will be doing the same. LET'S GO

:laughing

We are good. His ticket rep knows what he does and ghosted him. haha

It might help to have a reason or two handy to feel better if they lose.

1. It's fun as heck to even be competing down the stretch, let alone making the playoffs, let alone getting this far.

2. They're gonna be good next year, too.

I teach at a university in Southern California. One of my students this semester is a hardcore dodgers fan, and we've been commiserating at just how stressful this series has been...the morning after the 13 inning game he missed class and while I can't fully condone that, I can certainly understand. Anyway, he's been convinced since game 3 that the Brewers will win. I told him today 'I think you guys have this' and he said he's sure I'm wrong.

I offer this in part because I think it shows that this team has made people outside Wisconsin notice, and I have seen up close that this doesn't feel at all like an easy series to the Dodgers fans. I've been a Brewers fan since I was about 10, almost 40 years now, and while I'd love to see the Brewers return to the World Series, it's also been a season that I'll always remember fondly, win or lose tonight.

I have a feeling they are going to get some early offense and win by a few runs tonight, but still use up a lot of good arms in the process. Pitching wise I'll guess that Miley lasts about 4-5 innings, and then they rotate through their best bullpen arms including Hader and Knebel.

If they indeed do win tonight, I think tomorrow is going to be a close game throughout that feels like an anxiety filled fight to the finish.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

flippin Shaw and Aggi? I can dig that

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Reverse splits baffle me. Ryu still, you know, throws from the left. His delivery and stuff appears much the same as other lefties. I see no reason why Shaw and Moose, who aren't very good against lefties, should have more success against Ryu.

Can anyone explain that phenomenon?

I teach at a university in Southern California. One of my students this semester is a hardcore dodgers fan, and we've been commiserating at just how stressful this series has been...the morning after the 13 inning game he missed class and while I can't fully condone that, I can certainly understand. Anyway, he's been convinced since game 3 that the Brewers will win. I told him today 'I think you guys have this' and he said he's sure I'm wrong.

I offer this in part because I think it shows that this team has made people outside Wisconsin notice, and I have seen up close that this doesn't feel at all like an easy series to the Dodgers fans. I've been a Brewers fan since I was about 10, almost 40 years now, and while I'd love to see the Brewers return to the World Series, it's also been a season that I'll always remember fondly, win or lose tonight.

Outrageous! Pacific Time it wasn't even midnight! I went to work when I went to bed at 2am! Suspend him! (blue)

Reverse splits baffle me. Ryu still, you know, throws from the left. His delivery and stuff appears much the same as other lefties. I see no reason why Shaw and Moose, who aren't very good against lefties, should have more success against Ryu.

Personally, I feel a lot of handedness splits for hitters is just mental. Certainly there are pitchers that will be good against same handed batters because of their arm angle but mostly I think it's just that there's such a big deal made about playing matchups that hitters (especially lefties) just accept that they are bad against same handed pitchers and have lost the AB before they even get in the box.

He has a great changeup. Tails away from righties and towards lefties...the same reason that most conventional splits occur as most breaking balls break away from like-handed hitters.

I teach at a university in Southern California. One of my students this semester is a hardcore dodgers fan, and we've been commiserating at just how stressful this series has been...the morning after the 13 inning game he missed class and while I can't fully condone that, I can certainly understand.

Wait. You have to go to classes at USC?

After we win the pennant the Red Sox will join the Phillies in a neat club, the only 2 teams to play all of the teams from one of the current divisions in the other league in the World Series.

PHI v NYY 1950, 2009

PHI v BOS 1915

PHI v BAL 1983

PHI v TOR 1993

PHI v TBR 2008

BOS v CHC 1918

BOS v StL 1946, 1967, 2004, 2013

BOS v CIN 1975

BOS v PIT 1903

BOS v MIL 2018

And of course we will join the Astros as the only 2 teams to win both pennants

CC and Travis said they need the home crowd tonight. For those going yell loud for the guys and give them the push to win tonight.

Go Brewers. The Red Sox are waiting and make punk Machado wait longer for the big show.

Does CC take Miley out after one batter and bring in Chacin and Miley pitches tomorrow??? Hmmmm....(this is where I think of Dr. Evil putting his pinky finger to his mouth)

I would absolutely love if this happened. That would mean Chacin would pitch today on short rest though which would be kind of pointless since we have to win today and tomorrow anyways.

Maybe both pitch today!

Johnny Wholestaff tomorrow!

I have never really been into wearing jerseys, but I decided a few years back that if the Brewers ever made the World Series I would purchase a jersey with the World Series patch on it. Thanks to the Red Sox clinching yesterday we at least now know what the jersey patch will look like: Red Sox World Series Jersey.

Here is the up close look at it: LINK (or use spoiler link below).

world-series-2018-flex.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived