Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What worries me about tomorrow is Roberts has Kershaw in his back pocket if he needs him for an inning or two.

Kershaw hasn't been that dominant against the Brewers though.

Were you not watching Wednesday?? If that wasn't dominant..

He was dominant however I think Counsell missed the opportunity to get him out of the game relatively early

What worries me about tomorrow is Roberts has Kershaw in his back pocket if he needs him for an inning or two.

Kershaw hasn't been that dominant against the Brewers though.

Kershaw on 2 days rest in the game tomorrow means the Brewers are likely winning, or it's in like the 11th inning...I'd love to see that scenario play out

Yah the announcers keep mentioning it, but I have a hard time seeing any situation where Kershaw is likely. With that little rest he can’t go long. Buehler would have to implode and it be a total slug fest. That it extra innings. I could see him showing up in the 10th. Their bullpen arms are rested. They don’t need Kershaw really.

So I know we all love to pile on Counsell for every move we don't agree with. I want to give him some credit here for using Jeffress in the 7th inning of a key game and having him buy into the appearance like it is no big deal. A lot of "closers" would be rebelling against this.

But he's not really 'the' closer, I mean it was Knebel for awhile, Hader has gotten plenty of saves, then it was JJ, then Knebel again.

I totally agree with the move as well but it's really been a soft committee for awhile. I think they all buy into the concept and realize they're going to have different roles on different nights.

Does CC dare use him in the 8th?

With how he has looked in back to back games I would say yes for sure. Give him the 8th and decide on the 9th based on the score. If we can push across 1 more run finish with Soria, if we can't use Hader for 1.

Please CC avoid the temptation of using Hader...you can get through this with the other guys..it's not like it's a 1 run lead.

and you always have Hader if you need him...

I'm with you, save him if at all possible.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Score runs, bring in davies

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Stick with good JJ or go Hader with the heart of the lineup in the 8th?

Imagine you stick with JJ. He has gone a lot of innings in a short span of days before and he looks on. Then Hader can just pitch one inning for the 9th. I’d rather Jeffress go multiple and have Hader for one or if need in a Jeffress struggle.

Archived