Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black

The bottom line is with a three-run lead, you need Dodger outs. You don't need Brewer runs. You WANT Brewer runs, but you need outs more. Knebel is a better option than other relievers, so you keep him in.

It's not an easy decision, but it makes sense. Is it better than the alternative? Who knows?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to wonder if Counsell was second guessing himself. They didn't seem to even be sure of what they were going to do.

Just wasn’t thinking ahead enough to have a reliever up. I think by the time it happened it was too late to get someone up.

I really hope that's not the case.

You have to wonder if Counsell was second guessing himself. They didn't seem to even be sure of what they were going to do.

Just wasn’t thinking ahead enough to have a reliever up. I think by the time it happened it was too late to get someone up.

Which is why I think the game moves too quickly for Counsell at times... Hopefully, with more experience as a manager, that gets better.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The bottom line is with a three-run lead, you need Dodger outs. You don't need Brewer runs. You WANT Brewer runs, but you need outs more. Knebel is a better option than other relievers, so you keep him in.

It's not an easy decision, but it makes sense. Is it better than the alternative? Who knows?

Yeah, I am torn on it. I agree that it is one of those nights where you can’t look to far ahead and just need outs. I also think there is something to be said for playing it agressive in that situation.

Edit: Corey certainly did his job though, wow.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I just don't know how effective Knebel will be tomorrow if he goes over 25. Will he have an inning in him?

He probably will but they will prefer not to use him. With Guerra and Woodruff pitching so well it gives them a lot more length in the bullpen. I think the hope is probably that they can use Hader for just 1 IP this game.

I'm shocked that didnt break some bones. Youch.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it did. Might be adrenaline dulling the pain just a little right now. Will have to see during the half-inning change.

I thought it glanced off his wrist and hit the knob of the bat.

Archived