Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black

I just can't see having bases loaded and not taking a shot... Santana gets a hit there, we score runs, and have Knebel full strength tomorrow.

I can see it going either way though. I understand what CC was thinking, but I would have done it differently. Santana has been clutch.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have also PH there but I get it at least.

Topper the arsenals, release points, pitch pace etc are completely different. This is how Alex Wood pitches and he is highly effective doing it. It isn't just as simple as Aguilar sucks, there is way more to it than that. If you watch Wood pitch a good bit he gets swings on that pitch a TON.

I could see either decision. Both have their merits. Looks like Counsell is more concerned about getting Dodgers hitters out - and is confident in Knebel being able to do so for another inning - than scoring more runs right now. Plus, realistically, the odds are low that Santana would drive one in there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I could see either decision. Both have their merits. Looks like Counsell is more concerned about getting Dodgers hitters out - and is confident in Knebel being able to do so for another inning - than scoring more runs right now. Plus, realistically, the odds are low that Santana would drive one in there.

About 25% better chance than Knebel driving one in.

I just can't see having bases loaded and not taking a shot... Santana gets a hit there, we score runs, and have Knebel full strength tomorrow.

I can see it going either way though. I understand what CC was thinking, but I would have done it differently. Santana has been clutch.

Bases clearing double saves Hader and Jeffress. Well worth the chance. Lots of arms in our pen can go an inning with a 3 run lead.

You have to wonder if Counsell was second guessing himself. They didn't seem to even be sure of what they were going to do.

I hope he was second guessing himself. If he thought what he did was THE ONLY option, I question his thought process.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

You have to wonder if Counsell was second guessing himself. They didn't seem to even be sure of what they were going to do.

Just wasn’t thinking ahead enough to have a reliever up. I think by the time it happened it was too late to get someone up.

Once again Miley failing to finish them off in the 5th really killed us. If Knebel got to pitch the 6th instead I bet they would pull him in that situation. It’s that extra inning the bullpen has to cover that really complicated things more.

The more I think about it ... Wood isn't exactly a great matchup for Domingo. I could see him throw that big sweeping curve, and Domingo would just flail away at it. Domingo is a chaser, so a finesse lefty really is not his friend.

Don’t think he would’ve faced Wood, they had a righty up.

Archived