Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I might use Jeffress in the 7th or so tonight. He's been shaky, and if he gets in trouble you can still go to Hader.

He has yet to have an outing where he allowed fewer than 2 baserunners. I wouldn't use him unless the lead was >6 runs. This is not the time to try and get him fixed.

Jansen threw like 35 pitches in Game 4 and still went again like 15 hours later in the next game.

If we play tomorrow it's a Game 7 with a chance to go to the World Series. Barring them throwing a Guerra like long outing today, their arm falling off or otherwise just physically not being able to go, everyone we want tomorrow is going tomorrow.

Just because they can doesn’t mean you want that. Tired Hader is pretty bad. I don’t want to see that if we don’t have to. Risky business.

Adrenaline is a pretty remarkable thing and will often get you through a situation like that.

Ideally you'd like to have Zach Davies get the last 12 outs and go home. But this is a 3 run game in a do or die. Winning today has to outweigh any other potential decision and it's not close.

I think I would have went for the kill shot

Yup, I would have as well...

Yep, I would have loved to see Domingo in this spot. But alas ...

I wish Counsell trusted a few more guys in the pen. I think Guerra could have tossed an inning. Hader, Burnes, Jeffress, Soria. Can't give up scoring opportunities.

Archived