Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-19 (NLCS Game #6): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 7:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2 -- Force Game 7 with the NL Pennant and a spot in the World Series on the line]

Eye Black

Jansen threw like 35 pitches in Game 4 and still went again like 15 hours later in the next game.

If we play tomorrow it's a Game 7 with a chance to go to the World Series. Barring them throwing a Guerra like long outing today, their arm falling off or otherwise just physically not being able to go, everyone we want tomorrow is going tomorrow.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hope that Woodruff and Burnes are not groomed into 5 inning guys next year in the rotation...

They won’t because putting them in the rotation kills the elite multi inning pen arm stack we have. Not only that, but our utter abuse of pulling starters early didn’t really get execessive until September and the postseason.

Jansen threw like 35 pitches in Game 4 and still went again like 15 hours later in the next game.

If we play tomorrow it's a Game 7 with a chance to go to the World Series. Barring them throwing a Guerra like long outing today, their arm falling off or otherwise just physically not being able to go, everyone we want tomorrow is going tomorrow.

Just because they can doesn’t mean you want that. Tired Hader is pretty bad. I don’t want to see that if we don’t have to. Risky business.

Focus you idiots. How can Aggy have such a good AB in the first and then chase that crap.

There is a reason that the absolute best hitters in baseball still get out roughly 60% of the time. It just isn't easy.

What does that fact have to do with my comment? If Aguilar had ABs like that he would get out roughly 100% of the time.

Just because they can doesn’t mean you want that. Tired Hader is pretty bad. I don’t want to see that if we don’t have to. Risky business.

I wonder how tired he would be. Game 7 with a chance to go to the WS. The adrenaline would be off the charts!

Focus you idiots. How can Aggy have such a good AB in the first and then chase that crap.

There is a reason that the absolute best hitters in baseball still get out roughly 60% of the time. It just isn't easy.

What does that fact have to do with my comment? If Aguilar had ABs like that he would get out roughly 100% of the time.

He wouldn't though, the pitcher made a good pitch, that doesn't always happen.

I wonder how tired he would be. Game 7 with a chance to go to the WS. The adrenaline would be off the charts!

Who knows, it’s all a big crapshoot and risky this time of year. Hard to know how guys will fair in unfamiliar territory.

I think I might use Jeffress in the 7th or so tonight. He's been shaky, and if he gets in trouble you can still go to Hader.

Yeah, I'm not sure saving him fore the 9th is a good plan unless we have a plan for when/if he blows up again.

Cedano is not part of that plan.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I wasn't very anti Smoltz before this series but he is just ridiculous at this point. The Brewers have not run their bullpen any differently than the Dodgers have this game. In fact they really haven't done anything different except for game 1 where they used 1 additional arm to get through the early part.

Archived