Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say clutch players are probably the ones that do better against top end pitching and don't just live off of mistakes. Clutch situations come up way more often against elite pitchers than the scrubs. Still pretty hard to quantify it.

Gonna need a big showing from the frosty boys today

SMH.

Lets get some runs. Offense wake the H, E, double hockey sticks up.

Man was last night frustrating! But here we are in a best of 3 series now... 2 home games...

Is it just me or is this not as fun as you thought it would be - as a die hard fan - I am finding this so so so stressful pitch by pitch. I didn't realize playoff baseball when you feel you have a good team, was this difficult to watch and enjoy for what it is - an awesome opportunity. That is in no way negative... just a realization that it's crazy how it messes with your emotions....

I'm going to be the Negative Nellie here. I think pitching Miley on three days rest is a mistake. I would probably go Davies as an emergency starter. Although Kershaw is not the same pitcher in the post season, I don't see him having two bad games in a row. Most of the bullpen is shot. I just don't see how we win this game again unless Miley proves me wrong and somehow pitches the game of his life. Losing this morning was a killer. By all rights this series should already be over. Hopefully we can get it done at home.

I'm going to be the Negative Nellie here. I think pitching Miley on three days rest is a mistake. I would probably go Davies as an emergency starter. Although Kershaw is not the same pitcher in the post season, I don't see him having two bad games in a row. Most of the bullpen is shot. I just don't see how we win this game again unless Miley proves me wrong and somehow pitches the game of his life. Losing this morning was a killer. By all rights this series should already be over. Hopefully we can get it done at home.

I tent to agree with this take. Which is why I think if that becomes apparent early you really have to balance having arms for the final push at winning 2 vs. desperately clinging to this one.

I'm going to predict they come to play today, just as they have for the last month. There's no throw-away games in the playoffs. I think Miley and Woodruff combine on a gem. Just gotta get the offense going. I'm not even going to venture to guess on if that is going to happen.

I also think Jeffress pitches in a key spot today, and the board may teeter on the edge of implosion ;)

Baseball often doesn't work that way though. Advantage Dodgers? Sure, I'll give you that. But it's more like 55/45 chance, not 90/10. I know you never used that number, "I just don't see how we win this game" sounds 90/10 to me. That's ok, you rather prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised right?

Baseball often doesn't work that way though. Advantage Dodgers? Sure, I'll give you that. But it's more like 55/45 chance, not 90/10. I know you never used that number, "I just don't see how we win this game" sounds 90/10 to me. That's ok, you rather prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised right?

No, of course I would rather be pleasantly surprised. I'm just stating my gut feeling. Logic says the Dodgers should win this one.

I don't have sound. Was that not reviewed? It was definitely a catch.

It was definitely not a catch, as evidenced by the call on the field and the review. We get it dude, you think were gonna lose. No need to be negative all the time.

Archived