Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ was horrible for sure but I guess you have to expect that one pitcher won’t be himself. What you don’t expect is most of our key guys completely falling apart when you need them the most including the “MVP”.

The playoffs are where legends are made. Or lost.

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yeah he was awesome. Let’s get his $200M extension ready.

good, fact-based rebuttal!

What facts do you want? He has been a complete mess at the plate. Is that really something you are debating?

I'm a big fan of Counsell. Attanasio/Stearns could give him a lifetime contract in the organization and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figure out why the guy would bat Hernan Perez fifth in any game, much less a big game like the one today. What part of Perez's career .256/.285/.388/.673 slash line is so hard to figure out?

I'm a big fan of Counsell. Attanasio/Stearns could give him a lifetime contract in the organization and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figure out why the guy would bat Hernan Perez fifth in any game, much less a big game like the one today. What part of Perez's career .256/.285/.388/.673 slash line is so hard to figure out?

I agree Perez is barely a major leaguer let alone a traditional 5th place hitter. With the way we are hitting now I’m not sure it matters right now.

Community Moderator
Well given the attitude on this board the Brewers need some enthusiastic fans on Friday. I just booked a flight to Milwaukee tomorrow night. So Friday will be my first Brewers game this year, only 2nd MLB playoff game (saw the win in '08). I intend to go to 2 Brewers games this year.

What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

Hiura projects what we need like three years down the road. Rushing his bat will only get dissapointing results. Those are lofty expectation my friend.

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yeah he was awesome. Let’s get his $200M extension ready.

good, fact-based rebuttal!

What facts do you want? He has been a complete mess at the plate. Is that really something you are debating?

He has a 680 postseason OPS. Now it is proven

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

Indeed. Let Moose and Schoop go and sign Lowrie

It's a 1-2 punch the Crew couldn't recover from.

Except for the part where they made it to the NLCS and still have a chance at making the World Series.

Counsell deserves Manager of the Year for getting the Crew this far.

But right now, they have their backs to the wall - and they need some legendary stuff to take the next two straight.

Indeed. Let Moose and Schoop go and sign Lowrie

Yep, that's the kind of signing I'd look for. A guy that is going to sign a reasonable 1-2 year deal. I would think Lowrie would be a great fit. Also maybe Ian Kinsler, D.J. LeMahieu (my favorite), Daniel Murphy (if you can handle his bad defense), Jordy Mercer, Eduardo Escobar, or Jose Iglesias. Lots of options out there. I have no problem moving Shaw back to 3B full time.

No clutch hitting will kill this team every time. CC has to change up his lineup somehow.

What about batting Arcia 2nd? I mean, why not? He's been out hottest hitter in this series. At this point, what could it hurt?

Sounds good to me.

Archived