Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm oddly more optimistic after this mess.

The pressure is off. Everyone expects failure at this point and the Brewers are left for dead. They go into Game 6 with some house money. Everyone is expecting another one of these, so maybe they can show up. Just force another one and anything can happen.

This is one played out exactly how I'd feared though.

Well I can’t say I’m optimistic because our key hitters barely have a pulse right now but I’d rather lose like this than last night where we had every opportunity and blew through our best pitching in the process.

Yah, you can blame Counsell...just like the hitters. He aided to this mess with multiple highly questionable decisions that turned out poorly. Hitters are the main fault, but Counsell sure did his part to help. He doesn’t just get a free pass cause someone else sucked more.

Already annoyed by anyone who finds reasons Counsell lost these games.

These games were lost by Cain (yesterday), Yelich, Aguilar, Moustakas, Schoop, and Perez. Period. Hard stop.

Spot on

Can't forget JJ. Even if you think it was the right decision and wrong result to use him, you have to concede he crapped the bed something fierce. This was looking like 15 wins in a row and an easy trip to the World Series before the end of game 2.

JJ was horrible for sure but I guess you have to expect that one pitcher won’t be himself. What you don’t expect is most of our key guys completely falling apart when you need them the most including the “MVP”.

The playoffs are where legends are made. Or lost.

So much easier to watch on mute.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Yah, you can blame Counsell...just like the hitters. He aided to this mess with multiple highly questionable decisions that turned out poorly. Hitters are the main fault, but Counsell sure did his part to help. He doesn’t just get a free pass cause someone else sucked more.

One clean inning from JJ and a key hit from moose, Schoop, and you know who and Counsel swept the Dodgers.

I am not buying CC didn’t put our guys in a position to be playing in the World Series. The players just came up small on the big stage.

JJ was horrible for sure but I guess you have to expect that one pitcher won’t be himself. What you don’t expect is most of our key guys completely falling apart when you need them the most including the “MVP”.

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yeah he was awesome. Let’s get his $200M extension ready.

I just hope the Crowd for Game 6 is behind them. They were not in 2011.

And they shouldn't have been considering RRR started Marcum who promptly gave up 4 runs in the first. RRR should have been fired in the 2nd inning of that game. Maybe CC witnessing that as a player helped him do things like leave Anderson off the playoff roster this year.

Community Moderator
The game 6 crowd will be crazy if they show signs of life, but if not the wind will come out of the sails quickly. Which is what happened in 2011. It didn't help that the game was a weeknight.

When do the writers actually put in their votes for mvp? Has it already happened and they just announce in November or do they cast them later?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The fact of the matter is that the Brewers have had to make a patchwork rotation work, and now it's caught up to them.

They banked that Nelson would return at some point, and that didn't happen. Chase Anderson, Zach Davies, Wade Miley, and Brent Suter all spent time on the DL. Woodruff and Burnes were moved to the pen. Peralta did well, but ran into an innings limit.

Then the offense went cold. It's a 1-2 punch the Crew couldn't recover from.

When do the writers actually put in their votes for mvp? Has it already happened and they just announce in November or do they cast them later?

already done before the playoffs start.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think 2-2-1-1-1 should be the way the series are lined up

I like 2-2-3 better. That is an actual advantage. The current format makes no sense.

So the home field advantage is 5 games to 2?

tough problem to fix. the old 2 2 1 gives too many off days for baseball. Allows the Johnson/Schilling approach to pitching. Current has the issues described. 5-2 home field advantage will never fly. What about 1-3-3?? SPitballing of course, same number of off days as now. However the issue is giving the lesser team 3 of the 4 first games. Tough problem

3-3-1 Just play 2 regular series, then go back to the team who earned home field for game 7. This addresses the travel issue as well. Someone on this board mentioned this a while back, don’t remember who. But it makes the most sense to me.

Within two days after the end of the season I believe. I assume Yelich already won the MVP by a large margin.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived