Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic but these series should be 2-2-3 instead of 2-3-2. Get some real home field advantage going.

I think 2-2-1-1-1 should be the way the series are lined up

Too much travel.

I like 2-2-3 better. That is an actual advantage. The current format makes no sense.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Off topic but these series should be 2-2-3 instead of 2-3-2. Get some real home field advantage going.

That will never happen in baseball. Need to get the season over with before November and can’t have that many travel days.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I don't understand how a professional pitcher can walk an opposing pitcher in the middle of May, let alone when it matters this much.

In this series, all the Dodgers pitchers seem to get a free ball that should have been a strike nearly every PA. Also Kershaws avg better than Schoop this season

Too much travel.

I like 2-2-3 better. That is an actual advantage. The current format makes no sense.

So the home field advantage is 5 games to 2?

That will never happen in baseball. Need to get the season over with before November and can’t have that many travel days.

I get that part, just the way its set up there really isn't a home field advantage other than getting a game 7 at home if it gets that far.

So the home field advantage is 5 games to 2?

tough problem to fix. the old 2 2 1 gives too many off days for baseball. Allows the Johnson/Schilling approach to pitching. Current has the issues described. 5-2 home field advantage will never fly. What about 1-3-3?? SPitballing of course, same number of off days as now. However the issue is giving the lesser team 3 of the 4 first games. Tough problem

Dodgers are putting on a clinic on station to station baseball and driving in runs with men in scoring position. Brewers look exactly like they did last night. Poor discipline, weak grounders and Ks

Hence the "out-classed" and "more experienced" comments. They have made adjustments and they have managed to execute their game plan and neutralize ours.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Already annoyed by anyone who finds reasons Counsell lost these games.

These games were lost by Cain (yesterday), Yelich, Aguilar, Moustakas, Schoop, and Perez. Period. Hard stop.

Spot on

Can't forget JJ. Even if you think it was the right decision and wrong result to use him, you have to concede he crapped the bed something fierce. This was looking like 15 wins in a row and an easy trip to the World Series before the end of game 2.

I'm oddly more optimistic after this mess.

The pressure is off. Everyone expects failure at this point and the Brewers are left for dead. They go into Game 6 with some house money. Everyone is expecting another one of these, so maybe they can show up. Just force another one and anything can happen.

This is one played out exactly how I'd feared though.

Yes, the pitching management was the least of our problems. If anything, it was the one thing that has gotten them this far and had them in position to win the first 4 games. It's all the hitting.

Thinking positive, they'll have their whole P arsenal the next 2 games so anything can happen. especially if the offense can wake up just a bit

Archived