Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
Kershaw really wasn't terrible his last time out anyway. Maybe the real blow up is today.

Well, he has taken the L against the Crew in his last two starts against them. So do you believe we get three straight on him or is he due for a W?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After seeing Yelich and Shaw’s comments about Machado (and reading about Yelich’s additional “off-camera” comment), I for some reason actually feel a little better about the Brewers chances today.

What did he allegedly say off-camera?

Can't find anything on it.

Warning, not safe for work: Link.

Thanks.

Amen Christian. Amen.

I don't see us coming back 10 hours after that debacle to beat the best pitcher in baseball for the second time in 5 days. This team has been as resilient as any, but that is asking for something pretty magical.

Yeah, things like that never happen.

Except, you know, the Dodgers did it just last year in the World Series. Losing that 13-12 game then coming out and beating Verlander the next day.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Astros Bergeman has an Instagram post poking a little fun and the Red Sox crush the Astros.

Machado intentionally kicks Aguilar and we....pop out to infield repeatedly.

Words are pointless, should've won the game. Pathetic.

We'll see if they have any fight today. Best revenge is living well, like the Red Sox.

One thing to keep in mind regarding the starting lineup today is fatigue. You can make all the comments you want about toughing it out in the playoffs, but some of these guys played 13 innings yesterday and have to play again 14 hours later. I'd lobby for giving Cain the day off for simple rest reasons. Add in how good Santana has been and it seems like a no brainer. I'd also go Shaw over Moustakas today for the rest reasons. I'd go with this lineup

Santana

Yelich

Braun

Aguilar

Shaw

Perez

Kratz/Pina

Arcia

Remember Miley is a heavy groundball pitcher, if there was a day to try and get away with a worse defensive outfield...it's today.

I just doubt that Cain is coming out of that lineup or moving off of CF. Santana will come off the bench again and hopefully come through again.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Cain can not sit. Regardless of how bad he has been at the plate, that game has multiple moments where the winning margin is possibly provided way earlier than 13 innings if he's not in center.

I can't get behind starting Santana because the defensive alignment doesn't make sense. And he has been valuable as a PH.

The Dodgers are just as tired and went through a pen worse than ours.

I think Braun playing 1B is more likely than Cain sitting out today's game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just doubt that Cain is coming out of that lineup or moving off of CF. Santana will come off the bench again and hopefully come through again.

I do too, just saying this is what I would do. One thing making me second guess that a bit is, Cain was 2 for 2 against Kershaw game 1. Maybe that factors in. You can always double-switch Cain back into the game at some point, but I'd try to get Santana a couple at bats.

Not really saying they made a bad move keeping him off the roster, but Broxton sure would have looked nice to have running at some point last night. Doubt it would have mattered with no one knocking him in, but that was the kind of game I really wished they could have found a spot for him.

Not really saying they made a bad move keeping him off the roster, but Broxton sure would have looked nice to have running at some point last night. Doubt it would have mattered with no one knocking him in, but that was the kind of game I really wished they could have found a spot for him.

How about giving Hernan a green light to steal? Maybe the catcher makes a bad throw...

Last night was maddening.

However.... if you look at it, yes we sucked with the sticks, but the Dodgers sucked even worse - not even getting the chances to score, and striking out SO MUCH MORE.

We will find out quick today if we have fight and fire ... just gotta keep them down again.

Very much hoping for a W today. A version of the last four games that's also an elimination game for MKE would be cuh-razy intense and fun, but I'd rather they just cream the Dodgers at this point.

What are the chances MM gets suspended for a game for multiple games of trash plays? I think it's very low if not zero...but I think he'd get suspended for a game if it was regular season.

Sadly it will be zero. MLB doesn’t have the stomach to teach this clown a lesson.

Phillips on mlb radio was defending him.

Archived