Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We lost a 13 inning game yesterday, that isn't being outclassed. Today we are losing because when they got guys on the ball dribbled between 2 IFs. Nothing about this series says the Dodgers outclassed us.

Believe what you gotta believe.

I'll just believe the actual facts instead of the narrative made up in my head.

Brewers offense is embarrassing and was for about 85% of 2018. No one should be surprised at how many runs we aren't scoring.

I mean, I get being disappointed, but a team offense playing well for 15% of a season does NOT get to the playoffs. That's just terrible hyperbole.

Could have had Kershaw out and now all we’ll hear about is how great he did

Well, he did....and he did so by exploiting a lineup that can't get out of its own way when there are scoring chances and opportunities to put up a crooked number

Still would have been a different story. He’d have left being behind.

But he didnt...it comes down to him being better than the hitters in key spots - im not saying the brewers aren't to blame by making it easy on him in those spots with poor ABs...the extremely frustrating part of it is they had the right guys up in those spots (as they have many times over the last 4 games), and they continually have failed. If it wasn't for the bottom of the brewers order this would be the clincher for the dodgers already.

Brewers offense is embarrassing and was for about 85% of 2018. No one should be surprised at home many runs we aren't scoring.

I’m actually surprised at Yelich and Moose. I didn’t realize how badly they would fall apart.

I think we all know Jesus was a nice surprise earlier in the year but not a guy you count on and Cain would be up and down but you can’t pull him because of his defense.

I can buy losing games 7-1 with our starting pitching and their hitting, but not 2–1 when guys like Peralta come up so big. That stings.

Can't say I'm surprised by this result. I had this one chalked up as a loss from the beginning. Losing this morning is going to be looked at as the turning point if we can't take care of business at home, and that won't be easy against Kyu and Bueller.

Brewers offense is embarrassing and was for about 85% of 2018. No one should be surprised at how many runs we aren't scoring.

I mean, I get being disappointed, but a team offense playing well for 15% of a season does NOT get to the playoffs. That's just terrible hyperbole.

Not really. All the success this team has had has been totally in spite of their hitters.

In addition to previous post, the current series score is 15-14 in favor of the Brewers. There is no team outclassing the other one in this series, it is just a really close hard fought series.

Plus, saying that a team with Puig and Machado have anything to do with class is just embarrassing.

I'm just saying that because the word class should never be applied to any team with those two knobs on the roster.

We are being outplayed, maybe, but not outclassed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

In addition to previous post, the current series score is 15-14 in favor of the Brewers. There is no team outclassing the other one in this series, it is just a really close hard fought series.

Plus, saying that a team with Puig and Machado have anything to do with class is just embarrassing.

I'm just saying that because the word class should never be applied to any team with those two knobs on the roster.

We are being outplayed, maybe, but no outclassed.

Outclassed, out played, out gunned, out maned, whatever it is they have executed their game plan better.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I can buy losing games 7-1 with our starting pitching and their hitting, but not 2–1 when guys like Peralta come up so big. That stings.

These outcomes would be easier to take if the Dodgers were mashing the ball all over the yard, but instead it was right there for the Brewers taking and they did nothing with it.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

We are being outplayed, maybe, but no outclassed.

Outclassed, out played, out gunned, out maned, whatever it is they have executed their game plan better.

yes, all but out-CLASSED, they are not classy in any way.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

These outcomes would be easier to take if the Dodgers were mashing the ball all over the yard, but instead it was right there for the Brewers taking and they did nothing with it.

Yes. We were maybe two or three key hits from the top of our lineup from being home waiting for the AL team. Now the odds are heavily in the Dodgers favor.

Counsell lost the game in the 5th inning by not intentionally walking Barnes. If you walk Barnes there you make the Dodgers choose between Kershaw or tying the game.

CC made a mistake but he did not lose the game. Im not sure what you have seen from our hitters that makes you think they would be crushing another pitcher.

Archived