Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’d rather go after Barnes and Kershaw than Kershaw and Bellinger.

Well you probably force them to pull Kershaw

I’ll take a third crack at Clayton.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Counsell is an IDIOT!! Two days in a row, it's the obvious play to walk someone(s) to get to the pitcher and he doesn't do it!! His idiotic decisions, are going to cost them this series.

They were going to hit for Kershaw

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gotta walk Barnes, no?

2 games in a row CC makes the wrong call on the IBB

I can see not doing it in the 5th inning. Lot of game left. And as others have said they'd have just pinched for Clay.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I totally see why they didn't walk Barnes. Woodruff misses bats like crazy and Barnes is a weak hitter. It's just unfortunate Barnes reached out and poked the ball up the middle.

I could see the walk strategy, too.

Counsell is an IDIOT!! Two days in a row, it's the obvious play to walk someone(s) to get to the pitcher and he doesn't do it!! His idiotic decisions, are going to cost them this series.

You don't know that. Their bullpen is cooked too.

Gotta walk Barnes, no?

2 games in a row CC makes the wrong call on the IBB

I can see not doing it in the 5th inning. Lot of game left. And as others have said they'd have just pinched for Clay.

Right, pinch hitting for Kershaw is a good thing for us

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

After the drilling Roberts took for letting Buehler hit in a similar situation the other day, I can totally see them pinch hitting.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I didn't agree with CC's decision last night. I definitely agree with it today. You don't put the go-ahead run on base voluntarily with 1 out and the top of the order due up. With 2 outs, yeah you walk him.

I see the thinking both ways. But in my opinion you take your chances getting Barnes out and then you have an immediate way out of the inning.

Our starter just went five innings, giving up 1 run. Good enough for me. Offense, what you got?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Um, except they had pulled him back.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived