Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff was warming up that whole time and the announcers or cameras were to blind to notice?

Was he? Or did he warm up prior to the game? I'm not watching so don't know.

Regardless how do you miss that. He was pitching in the bullpen when Miley left the mound.

I called it! One batter, and Woodruff time. Make them start their righties to face Miley, then sub out.

Right, LAD called our bluff this time. But they tried to do that and stuck with the plan for Miley in a later game instead. Can't say they're not trying all they can

Any chance that they roll Miley out for one hitter or one inning, then go to Woodruff (3 innings) and Davies (3-4 innings)? That way they could bring Miley back for Game 7. It would also cause the Dodgers to start their right-handed hitters against Miley, then swap them for the power left-handed guys, weakening the bench. That would be a ballsy manager move.

I am not right often, but the blind squirrel found a nut. ;) This is from 11:43 this morning

Did the Dodgers know this was going to happen? Curious how they started Bellinger and Muncy today...

I mean I think Roberts called "checkmate" on CC...He started the leftys today because he KNEW no matter how long Miley went(and most likely at most 5 innings), he HAD to counter with a righty next(and most likely the rest of the game), so they face Miley for one AB, maybe two, and now when the righties come in, he still has them in the game and, he saves his bench guys rather than having to do all the Double switching/PH'ng he had been doing.

Any chance that they roll Miley out for one hitter or one inning, then go to Woodruff (3 innings) and Davies (3-4 innings)? That way they could bring Miley back for Game 7. It would also cause the Dodgers to start their right-handed hitters against Miley, then swap them for the power left-handed guys, weakening the bench. That would be a ballsy manager move.

I am not right often, but the blind squirrel found a nut. ;) This is from 11:43 this morning

You did see it coming, unfortunately so did the Dodgers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Suck it Machado.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived